1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had my appt today, & Im starting HRT!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Katelynn, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Katelynn

Hi all, sorry it has been a while since Ive posted here on EC, Ive been a bit busy with college & getting things started with my transition!

So here is my super awesome news! I saw my endocrinologist today for the first time! The office is an hour away, so my parents were good enough to drive me there & back. When I showed up to the office, I was a bit nervous, but the receptionist was amazing. She asked me for my Health Card for my info, updated what needed to be updated, & even asked me if there was another first name I would prefer to use (my name is Chris now, but Im probably going to change to Kristin when I get to that point). Anyway, I was sittng in the waiting room, & thinking that one of the women across from me looked familiar, when another woman walked into the waiting room. Both women were friends from Facebook who have transitioned & that I have chatted with & still do, who showed up to support me! It was such a wonderful surprise! The woman who had come into the waiting room was the same one who had also recommeded my endocrinologist to me & runs a trans organization in the city. It really helped my nerves to have a couple of friendly faces there, since my parents dropped me off while I was doing my thing inside so they could shop a bit (I didnt hold it against them, after all, it is a lot already that they were helping me get there & back & have accepted that I am transitioning). The woman who came into the office second immediately smiled when she saw me & was even so wonderful as to go in with me when I saw the doctor!

Now, here's the BEST part of all! After talking to the endo for a few minutes about everything, she wrote me the perscriptions for hormones & said that I would need to come again & see her again in 3 months to monitor my progress. So yay! Im officially on hormone replacement therapy now! My life is finally starting to move forward! I am so utterly, absolutely, over-the-moon excited!!!

Afterwards, I chatted some more with both of my friends, got some more helpful tips & promised to stay in touch with both of them on FB about how Im doing & all of my progress. It was such a wonderful experience today!

(!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

2. duriru

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :grin:

3. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I'm so happy for you, Kiersten. Congratulations! (*hug*)

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Great news! Glad things went so well for you.

5. Gallatin

That's great news! Congratulations. :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!!!

7. Silver Sparrow

Yay! Congratulations to you!

8. Vesper

Awesome! :thumbsup:

9. EM68

That's great! Let us know how things are progressing.