1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, heres my story

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kbkj, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Kbkj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    New here, figured Id introduce myself finally.
    This place has helped me a ton since I found it 5 months ago. Just seeing that there are so many other people going through exactly what I was gave me the courage to come out. Last summer was the hardest time in my life because I just couldnt take it anymore, I wanted to tell someone but i just couldnt. Reading all the stories of other people and watching countless videos on youtube got me ready. I chickened out a few times but finally I just told my best friend that I had to tell him something on break at work. I froze and couldnt say it so he started guessing and after many guesses about stupid stuff he jokingly asked if I was gay. I told him I was bi but more attracted to men (I was certain I was at the time). He was dumbfounded but completely fine, although he got a little weird for a couple weeks maybe just trying to accept it. so from then (november) on i slowly began telling the rest of my close group of friends. I honestly thought they would have had some clue i was, but they were all surprised. I finally figured out Im just gay after christmas and told them all that and they are completely fine with it. the funny thing is that me coming out was "huge news" and no one could keep that a secret, so when i finally told one of my best friends last week, he said he found out back in november:eusa_doh:....I thought most of them were super homophobic by what they've said before, but now that they actually know a gay person, they are anti homophobic and they stand up for me if someone says something derogatory:icon_bigg.
    People in my city gossip like its their job so im pretty sure the amount of people who know is growing by the day but so far its only been positive. im so much happier now. My next step is to find me a man haha. ive never really had a relationship with anyone so id say its about time.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

3. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun: