1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SohoDreamer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, I'm Jack. First of all, I just wanna say how glad I am I found this site. I actually came upon it by accident, but from my first impressions, it seems like it's going to help a lot.

I'm pretty much at the worst point of my (young) life so far, and it's getting worse with each day too. I have lots of friends and I'm pretty popular at high school (final year now), but I don't really relate to anybody properly, none of them understand me properly.

So, as for my "out" situation, my family have no idea and I have no intentions of telling them. People at school all think I'm bi, because...well, I'm pretty confused. I do find girls attractive, but I think it's more in an appreciative way, I don't know if that makes any sense. Basically, I do find girls attractive, but the actual idea of sex with one, I don't think that appealing...like, if I can be frank, the mere idea of a vagina kind of repulses me. I don't really get why. But, I'm not asexual, because I'm DEFINITELY sexually attracted to guys and the idea of sex with them is appealing for me.

Basically, I do think I'm fully gay, but I emotionally connect more with girls. It's very confusing and I find it difficult to deal with. If anyone can help me understand this more, I would be so grateful.

So yeah, I'm not in the habit of opening myself up like that, but I'm hoping this community is going to be very understanding and accepting, which is really something I need. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

2. JRNagoya

Welcome and know that many of us here fully understand what you're talking about. Going through high school and college, I pretty much had the exact same feelings - emotionally attracted to girls (though the thought of sexual contact with a vagina was off putting), yet sexually attracted to guys, but not emotionally. This confused the hell out of me for years. I've only recently accepted being gay and I'm looking forward to fully embracing being so. I hope your journey is a much more straight forward one than mine has been, but either way, I hope this community proves to be very beneficial to you.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome :smilewave

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

7. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, it's pretty amazing to hear that. I don't know anybody who I can relate to about this stuff...I'm really comforted to know others went through what I'm going through, although I'm also very sorry you had to, it sucks.

Thank you for the warm words, I appreciate them. I somehow doubt my journey is going to be straightforward, but hopefully it will get a little easier.

I think I'm starting to accept myself more, although things are made trickier by the fact I'm a generally very awkward person socially, regardless of sexuality.

And thank you everyone else too, your welcomes are appreciated.

8. Nevermind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jack :slight_smile: Welcome to EC

Figuring out your sexuality can be very stressful but most of us here have done or are in the process of doing it, so I think you'll find these boards useful.

Looking forward to getting to know you too!

PS You're from Leeds, I'm from Leeds *high five*

9. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you! It is very stressful for me at the moment, but the knowledge that you've all been through it/are going through it, it's comforting to me. People around me in real life are very passively homophobic, so it's not like I'm gonna get lynched, but the jokes they make, the taunts etc. I'm a sensitive person, and I find them hard to deal with. I hope I can ask for advice from this site.

And, wow. That's pretty awesome! Although I'm not really a fan of Leeds and I can't wait to leave here, but still. It's cool that someone on here is from the same place as me!

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

11. Artemicion

Hello and welcome to EC!

12. gleek

Hey! Welcome!
    I'm a newer member as well and have the same experiences it sounds like you have. When I first came upon this site I didn't know what to expect. After only a few days of reading threads and talking to others about their personal experiences I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. For the first time in years I'm starting to really own up to the fact that this may be who I am. I'm sure the future will bring confusion, but I know I can come to the EC for support!

Best of luck!

13. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Sohodreamer. :slight_smile:

14. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave