1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cout Hello World!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mirrorwall, Feb 21, 2012.

1. mirrorwall

How is it going, guys? Nice site you have here. I joined hoping I might be a supportive voice for someone going through the process of letting the world know who they are. They are beautiful creations of the cosmos, every one. After all, aren't all of the human species just freakishly mutated, over-sized mutations of microbial life? Check Darwin and evolutionary theory. We all are "freaks".

I am a bi-sexual male who tends to prefer girls (especially intelligent, nerdy girls) but has enjoyed a few fulfilling relationships with guys (especially nerdy, intelligent and in one case, drag queen-type, guys).

I have an interesting story. When I was involved in a relationship with a guy, (my first gay relationship) all of his "culturally gay" friends said that there is "no such thing" as bisexuality. So not only did I hit a wall coming out, I hit a wall of ignorance afterwards. Bisexuality is real people!! Sure I guess since I was currently dating a man I could have disowned myself and my appetites and "been in the closet" about also liking women, but I'm too fucking irreverent for that. I like dick AND pussy. Learn it! And I'm not the only one.

Just because YOU had a phase where YOU considered yourself "bi" because it was somehow "less shameful" than having complete preference of the same gender, doesn't mean "I" am going through a phase of any kind. I quote my favorite philosopher/poet Kahlil Gibran: "If it is a despot you would dethrone, see first that his throne erected within you is destroyed". Only when you accept and acknowledge that being gay (having only same-sex appetites) is not somehow "less" than being bi (having appetites for both genders) can you really accept yourself and be at peace with yourself. And others. Like Bi people. Understand?

In short, I spent my teens in shame of my gay sexuality. And then I spent my twenties in shame of my "straight" sexuality, after I came out. I even remember one of my long time heroes, Adam Savage releasing an article questioning MY sexuality at the pinnacle of my self-doubt caused by the society-produced self-loathing of the "gay culture". We ALL need to be proud. I am glad to say that Mr. Savage has since recanted his statements about bi males as well. It turns out that, bisexual males actually DO exist!!!!

Jerry Falwell thinks that GAYS do not exist. They are only illusioned "straight men" who haven't figured out that they want pussy. Please gay people!! Don't be "gay Jerry Falwells". Accept bisexuality!! I HATE ignorance! Don't be ignorant.

All-in-all, I joined so that I can help LGBT people come out. So I just want to say: The ignorance ends now!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mirrorwall

Oops. I meant DAN Savage (from Savage Love). It must have been the "myth-busting" element of my post, that led me to type "Adam". My mistake.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: