1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Troubling Welcome.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Pravda, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Pravda

Out Status:
    Family only
    Hello EC.

Today was a very bad day for our family. Before I go into it, I just want to say Hi. My name is Daniel, same as my brother, who is also Registered on EC as "tokarov" I don't know if anyone of you know him.

For those of you who have read the Anonymous posting forum, He was the one who posted the thread called "i almost did it." about commiting suicide.

Some of you might have talked to him just a short while ago, he was on the computer while our parents were out, and I was asleep, our mother allowed him to come home. When I woke up, he had shoved a knife into his side. He screamed in pain and that's how I found him.

As of now he's in critical condition at the hospital, so I'm on a laptop there.

He came out a bit ago, I don't know if anyone read that thread he posted as well.

Our dad refuses him as a son. See, Him and I are two brothers of two very straight sisters. Me and my sister were away on work when he came out dinner. Our mother is accepting, as of now I have no idea what will happen. Our family as well is as stupid as my Father, and only me and big sister are the supportive ones, after going to a family outing, they all know and "are just plain disgusted" to quote a family member.

We are both the same age...and I'm gay as well. He didn't know and neither did I.

I guess I'm just lost, after browsing here for a bit, this place is a nice community, very supportive, I don't know why I didn't find it earlier.

I intend to tell him that I'm gay at the moment I talk to him. He has to know that he's not the only one.

I don't know if he was harrased maybe on here, or just depressed, I don't know...

I guess we wait and see.

I'm sayiong hi and I'm sending out a beacon of S.O.S.!!!!

2. step49x

Well, all I can say is, wow...

First off, welcome to EC. How did you happen to find this place, anyways?

Second of all, I'm very glad that a) you were at the house to help him, and b) you let us know. It sounds like you're going through a very hard time, right now. I hope that your family is able, one day, to be more accepting. In the mean time, please rest assured that everyone here at EC will be keeping tokarov/your brother in their thoughts and/or prayers.

Thanks for coming, thanks for informing us, and may you find some sort of comfort in these troubled times.

- Stephen

#2 step49x, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets. I'm sorry to hear that your first day in this forum is such a sad one. I am sure that the whole of EC (I can speak for those in the chat room now) really hope that your brother gets better soon.

If you (or your brother) ever need to talk to someone, you're both welcome to contact me by PM or through any of my instant messaging addresses. We're with you both!

*virtual hugs*

-Fred

4. Pravda

Out Status:
    Family only
    He has his own computer, and I have my own, I...or anyone else for that matter, never touched his comp, so I went through it afterwords and found this place at the Top.

Thanks guys, it's so...sickening, to be sitting in this hospital...
    Everyone looks at you like "wtf are you doing here?"

5. CelebrityHead

Welcome Daniel.

Firstly, I would really like to thank you for coming here to try to help your brother. He is obviously in dire need for help and support. Coming out to him as soon as you can will definitely assure him that he is not alone.

Secondly, I want you to know that everyone here at EC does not want anything to happen to your brother and will devote all their attention and time to try and help him. And please, you or your brother, do not hesitate to send a private message to any one of us for a talk.

Derek

6. Pravda

Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks guys...

I'm just gonna post on the forums and such...waiting here is madness...everyone looks at you, and the nurse keeps making passer-by looks at me. I'm am going to go crazy...

7. step49x

Well, if you're in need of something to do, I suppose EC is a pretty good place...

8. Grof142007

Welcome to EC

(*hug*) (&&&) Please Let your brother know everyone here at EC cares about him and want him to get better.and Give him a Hug for us.(*hug*)

dont go crazy trying reading the thread in my siggy u might find it amusing (that is paul hasnt edited it 2 much)

9. Pravda

Out Status:
    Family only
    It's 1 A.M. here....

SO the Doc came out and told me that he had major internal bleeding. The knife hit an organ...I don't know what exactly the doc said...but I'd rather avoid it.

I'm going to sleep here tonight, on a chair. I started to cry, fuck my father man, he didn't even show up! none of them did! just my mother and sister! Fuck them! If they would just accept it, maybe we wouldn't be here! God dammit!

Goodnight guys...

On one note, before I shut off...

Too bad the thread for Pic posting got locked, I was about to post.

Night guys, I'll see you all tomorrow. :icon_sad:

#9 Pravda, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. TriBi

Pravda - please keep us in touch with the situation - this is not good news for EC - but it must be horrible for you.

Saying 'welcome' seems a bit weird in the circumstances - but I hope you make friends here too - and we all hope that he comes out of this OK.

One thing I don't quite undestand...you said Tokarov is your brother - and that you are both called Daniel and are the same age - sorry, but I'm afraid that is confusing me (but I guess there is some logical explanation).

11. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Real sorry to hear about your bro and, yes I did read his earlier post. Also, sorry to hear of that excuse for a father of yours. Very saddening :icon_sad:

I'm sure all of EC's prayers and thoughts are for your brother. Please keep us informed. If you ever need to talk PM anyone. We're all here to help (*hug*)

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm so sorry your brother did this. Please tell him that we love him and are pulling for him. I want everybody here to send positive healing thoughts, energy, (and prayers if you believe in prayer) to Daniel, please. Not only for his body but for his heart and soul too. We want him to be healthy and whole again.

13. Jim1454

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery, and can find the strength and hope to carry on with a full and happy life.

14. LorenzG1950

Welcome Pravda,

That’s about the most dramatic introduction I can imagine but you’ve come to the right place. There are so many great people here who really care. The best thing you can do right now is to support your brother in any way you can. Your example might help the rest of the family to come around or just wake up. Try to save your energy and don’t waste it on anger. Use EC as your relief valve. You carry a heavy burden for 15 but you are strong enough to do it.

Last week, I finally sent my (big) brother a sympathy and Christmas card. His wife committed suicide last summer and I had not found the words to express my sympathy. I told my brother that we are closer now than ever before and I wished him some of my happiness. Talk to your brother as soon as you can. Just tell him that you care and it will be ok.

Glad you found your way here and please keep us posted.

(*hug*)

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

oh hun! (*hug*) Your in my prayers and so is your brother. I hope he will get better. Please keep us updated!

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

OMG....i hope your brother gets better real sooon and best wishes im sorry that this has happend. =[ he posted the worst coming out but i didnt know it was this bad. I really hope he gets better.

17. ethene

aww im so sorry to hear that :tears: i keep my fingers crossed and hope your brother will be ok :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

And welcome to EC, you'll love the place. :welcome:

*hugs*

18. biisme

omg. i'm so sorry for what your family has had to go through. i did read the thread he posted anonymously. i posted there that he could talk to me, but maybe he didn't get it before he went through with what he had planned. i had been wondering if he was okay and trying to think of some way to find out who he was.

i am so glad that you found him when you did- that he was not immediately successful. at least now he has a chance at recovering. i think that telling him that you are also gay would help him a lot. hopefully he will now turn to the ones that love him, rather than trying something like this again.

i hope with all my heart that he will get better (physically and emotionally). everyone on here cares about what happens to him, and about you. if you ever need to talk, just send me a message. also, let him know that he is in our thoughts.

19. Pravda

Out Status:
    Family only
    The name thing...

Yeah it's a tradition, trust me, it sucks, Teachers get confused, people get confused...
    My dad's name is daniel...and his fathers name is daniel...it's just a tradition thing...it sucks....but whatever....

No word yet....and the friggen nurse won't tell me anything except what the doc already said....

thanks for the welcome/support guys...I really appreciate it...

I didn't get any sleep last night...and I'm dying to talk to him....arghhhhhhh!!! :tears:

20. biisme

are your mother and your sister still there with you? how is your family taking this?

name thing: yea...that does sound annoying. if you ever adopt a kid (or have one...) i bet you're not naming your's "daniel".