1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from a newbie

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Adarahs, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Adarahs

Adarahs Guest

I finally came out to myself and then a few very close friends last year just before I turned 30. It's been a very difficult and terrifying experience but it has been getting easier. I sometimes feel very silly for not having figured it out sooner but fear kept me from acknowledging the truth. I joined the site because in addition to being scary, coming out has also been a very lonely experience. Just about the time I finally started to confront the issue of my sexuality, I moved to a foreign country for a year abroad as part of graduate school and I am the only lesbian in the program this year. As my return to the States gets closer, I am increasingly nervous about how to deal with coming out when I get home. On Coming Out Day a few months ago, I emailed a handful of friends and a coworker. It was easier not having to tell them in person but I worry about how to handle this situation when I'm back. I want to be able to be comfortable being who I am but just thinking about telling people or even talking to people about it who already know makes me so nervous. So, anyway, that's me! Hello!

2. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Hello and welcome to EC!! I am soo glad you found this site, I hope it will be as useful to you as it has been for me. If you ever need to chat do not be afraid to ask. :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, dont worry I came out late too. EC is a great place. I think often the thought of coming out and thinking about things will work out is more stressful than when it actually happens, im sure it will be ok.

4. stupidIvan

Hello, and welcome to EC! Coming out is just about always scary experience, and I can't even begin to imagine doing so via long-distance. I'm sure that if you've been this brave so far, that addressing it in person will just be another hill to scale! Anyone at EC would be pleased as punch to talk with you, so never hesitate to message anyone! This forum's population is lovely, I think you picked the right place to allieviate yourself of your lonliness and to get to know yourself further. :::: )

Again, welcome to EC!

5. Artemicion

Hi and welcome!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

7. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

9. TheAMan

Hello! Hola! Konnichwa! Bonjour! Aloha!

10. Adarahs

Adarahs Guest

Thanks everybody! I am so glad I found this website.

11. Aeon Magus

Hello, Adarahs, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile: