1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Debra, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Debra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, unoriginal title *and most likely unoriginal story. It actually feels good to know it's unoriginal, because being the odd one out (literally or figuratively) gets old.
    I'm French, though in London for still a few weeks (hence why my posting hours might not fit for a while, I set it on London time)

The reason I set my orientation as 'questioning' is because I don't feel like I entirely fit in 'lesbian' (yet? anymore? really not sure). To closest friends, or those belonging or aware of the lgbt community, I explained how I fit somewhere lesbian and asexual (and cowardly triple-locking the closet door). A few just got the 'lesbian' part as I knew the explanations wouldn't do any good. Total, I'd say a half dozen people know. It feels like a lot. And very little.

I'm used to being singled out. I'm an only child, a loner, a pariah, a geek, a nerd, with generally good grades, and I like being alone, most of the time. I'm also socially awkward, which does not help with meeting similarly minded people. Tumblr helped with that. It's much easier to log on and off a website than going to your local university LGBT student group (went once, and chickened out every single other time. Not that it went badly.)

Most (90%) of my (few) friends, I've met online, and now talk to strictly through msn, or penpaling. One of my penpal identifies in the LGBTQA spectrum, my very closest friends are either aware or in the 'community' (for lack of a better word).

I've mostly come here to seek advice, and see how people in the same situation as I am solve some usual, yet constantly nagging enigmas (when you're mostly in the closet, so many things feel like huge hurdles.

That's about it. Already much longer than I meant it to be. :rolle:

Oh, and, as my title says: Hello :newcolor:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

I can understand liking to be alone. I am the same way sometimes. There are some days that I want to be more social than others.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

4. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Debra. :slight_smile:

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun: