1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya!~

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Arioch8688, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all, I'm new here and stuff...umm...I guess I can tell you a bit about myself.

I've kinda been thinking I was gay for about three years now, but it's only recently I've really come to terms with it and been convinced for the most part. I told most of my close friends, and I went ahead and told my mom. My friends have been great about it and I feel really comfortable in school, but my mom hasn't been so good.

I come from a super-Catholic family (as I like to call it), so she had a lot of trouble accepting it. It was sort of hard accepting it myself when she was asking me "are you sure?" every ten seconds. I still don't think I've totally accepted it, and that tends to make the whole coming out process even harder for me. My friends have been there for me, but the close ones are all a year older, so they're off in college, so teh support's not like, right here when I need it, you know?

My dad has expressed a lot of hate for homosexuality, especially recently, so I'm really scared to tell him. I also doubt myself a lot...for whatever reason, and all these things don't really help my self-esteem any...and then I get mad at myself for being all emo like this. It's a vicious cycle, I tell you.

But yeah, I'll try not to be too depressed while I'm here, because according to my friends I'm a lot of fun. (even though I think I'd be terribly annoying...and therrrrre I go complaining again :confused: ) :icon_bigg

I'm apparently also very long-winded ^^;;

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Welcome to EC ^_^ You can call me Bvt! PM me if you need help or wanna chat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Brett

I completely know where you're coming from. Excep where I'm from almost every one is Catholic (or somethin' like that) But Anywho you sound like a great person, and I'm sure that you're really fun to hang around. Anyways, I hope you love it here as much as I do!

P.S. Edward=short! HAHA!!!

4. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    True, but Edward also = amazingly hot =P

5. zeremonie

Welcome to EC. Sounds like a lot to deal with. hopefully your dad will come around after you're out. I wish you lots of strength! :grin: (*hug*)

6. Brett

I'm more of a Mustang person myself. OOH! And Havok is uber cute!!!!! And silly.

7. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, Roy was never really my type... Havoc I could maybe go for though...

And Greed was pretty darn fine too, if I do say so myself!

8. Brett

Yeah but he dies and there's the whole, creepy "Ultimate Shield" thingy were he turns into a monster. He's worth it though.

9. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Heehee, heck yeah he is!

But still...Ed's my little man~ He's been the ever-so-shirtless background on my computer for over a year now :thumbsup:

10. Brett

I wish I could get away w/ that! Even being here would get me in a crap load of trouble if my parents caught me.

11. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad's always pretty clueless about it all. He figures I just like the show and it was the only background I could find.

12. Brett

My Dad would think the same thing, it's my mom that worries me. She know alot about me.

13. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that's kind of the ONE perk I got out of telling my mom. Even if it did sort of happen by accident.

14. Brett

Oh really? Like how? You dont have 2 say if u dont want.

15. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, we were just driving home in the car. I think it was about...a week or so after I had officially admitted to myself I was gay? Something like that. Anyway, she was being annoying, as moms tend to be to teenagers, and I had already been having an awful day. So I was just sort of ignoring most of what she was saying, and then she asked me what was wrong. Naturally, I said "Nothing" in that voice that tells her something is definitely wrong. She starts prying and I can't even figure out how it came up, but she was like "What, are you gay or something?" The whole thing just shocked me to the point where I couldn't even think to respond with a no, so I just sat there, and that was kind of what told her. I think she'd half-known anyway, so it was basically impossible to try and take it back at that point...

16. Brett

That's great that you could come out to your mom though. I love my mom and all that, but she hates gays as far as I can tell. She makes gay cracks all the time and she expects me to laugh. And I'm being kinda whiney now aren't I? SRRY

17. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ahaha, you sound like me when I talk to my friends. I always catch myself whining and apologize constantly cause I feel bad but then they get mad because I apologize so much.

No worries~ :icon_bigg

But yeah, I can understand how it's hard when you're afraid your parents hates gays...that's how my dad is.

18. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I think half your troubles are down to the fact that you've grown up in a "super-Catholic" family - so, as far back as you can remember, the words gay and homsexual have probably instilled themselves in your head as "bad". That's why it can be hard to accept it yourself. You seem to be well on the road to acceptance and I guess your mum is getting there.

I'm sure your dad will come round to the idea when/if you eventually tell him. Take your time, get advice from here (and there's lot to be had here) and tell him when you're ready. Could be tomorrow, could be in 5 years' time. You'll know when the time's right. In the meantime, enjoy yourself here. :smilewave

19. Brett

yeah..... I'm kinda stuck here. But anywho, I've been thinking that you sound alot like me when you talk(not to all egotistic and what ever) I just apologize alot and say random things.
    srry for changing the subject by the way

20. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah, it's perfectly fine...s'funny, I was just thinking you sound a lot like me...

Creepy how we sometimes think on the same brainwaves as other people, isn't it?