1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good day, sir/madam!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Veneficus, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Veneficus

I am Mattis Veneficus (pseudonym). The name translates to Mister Wizard from latin. There is a bit of a story behind the name, but here is neither the time nor the place for such. I enjoy drawing, hiking, and running, whether with friends or alone. I am persuing an education based around science and math, but I'm still far too young to know much more about what I want to do when I am older. Logic is something I place a large amount of importance upon, althouh the society surrounding me does not hold it to the same standards. I attemo to maintain my eloquence and inteligence, but I will make mistakes every once and awhile, so please do forgive me in those rare instances. If you have any questions, please ask, a better understanding of me is always welcome. With that, I bid you a glorious day.

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Mattis, welcome to EC. So you are wired for logic just like me. Don't worry about mistakes, none of us will bite you if you do make them. Heck we all do. Without mistakes, we can never learn and grow, we won't know if we are on the right tracks if we don't make a few mistakes along the way. You know, this is exactly the right place for that story behind the name, would love to know aswel, since that will also tell us something about you. Things you may not have noticed yourself yet.

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo, welcome to EC!

4. Veneficus

There really isn't anything to tell behind the name since its becoming was more of a random event that anything else, but I'll tell of it anyway. I was on a search to find a new pseudonym because my previous one (DillDoughMcgee) was overly childish and immature to be a representation of myself. As you can tell from my age, I have recently graduated the 8th grade. One day we were practicing for the ceremony and the teacher was calling us up by name, one at a time, and saying something she remembered us by. When she called me, her tagline was, "Mister Wizard". She was just doing it in the moment, so I know she didn't think about it for more than a few seconds before saying it, and i have no idea why she had come up with that for me. I am neither a magician nor do i bring my video game life to the classroom, so she literally had no reason to say it. Even though it was random like it was, I thought to myself, "What an awesome title to be known by!" That is when I decided on that, but i wasn't going to just leave it as Mister Wizard, I wanted the name to shout more awesomeness than just that, so I decided to translate it into Latin where it could be read by any aspeakerEnglish speaker.

I think i should also point out that you don't have to call me Mattis. I also go by Dill or just Matt. Thank you for reading my boring story. Many days and many nights to you.

5. maxx

Matt - you sound like a very well-adjusted, well-read, bright and thoughtful young man. Welcome to EC! It's great you are pursuing math and science - we need more of that in this country! (I have a math degree myself) I know we sometimes worry about the youth of today - but from what I sense about you we have reason to be optimistic (no pressure :slight_smile:)

And as for society not valuing logic (or rational discussion), I feel your pain. Have faith - the truth always (eventually) prevails.

Welcome!
    Maxx

6. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Welcome to EC, Mister Wizard! :slight_smile:

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know my username comes from a combination of two of my favourite characters from two different books, one was from Anne McCaffrey, The Ship Who Won and the other is from a character from a sci-fi novel called Inception.

8. Veneficus

I'm flattered. :3
    I love being able to surprise people of other generations by proving they have not failed in raising the next generation.

9. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Matt. :slight_smile:

10. hey welcome (*hug*)

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

12. BradThePug