1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally got a job!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Katelynn, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Katelynn

OK, so today was my first day of work since Dec 2010, & I got hired at the local JYSK store opening here in town (same thing as IKEA basically but from Denmark). It was so freaking nice to have a productive day again, since Ive been looking for work since I finished my academic first year in college in April. Everyone seems so nice that I work with too. I EVEN managed to come out to 3 people I work with on the first day, as being both trans & gay, altho one of those people shares a mutual FB friend with me & already knew when we met this morning, so really I just came out to two people, but Im out to three in total at work.

I am a bit concerned tho, since Im 4 months in on hormone replacement therapy now & physical changes have started. Im a little apprehensive about coming out to my boss, the guy who hired me, since Im in that probation period now. Even tho we just had trans rights passed here in Ontario last month that protect me from employment discrimination now, Im still concerned they could just say they were letting me go for another reason, since they wouldnt need to show cause anyway. Im still trying to figure out how & when to say something to my boss.

At any rate, I just wanted to share my good news, that I finally found a job! I shall have to see how coming out as trans in the workplace goes tho...

2. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats on getting the job!:grin:
    I'm sure you'll be fine, and I highly doubt anything's going to happen with that right now in place.
    Best of luck:slight_smile:

3. SkyDiver

Congratulations :slight_smile:

I agree, it's really nice to start working again after a long period of not.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!!

5. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

congrats

6. Aeon Magus