1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by truckerjoe, Jul 22, 2012.

1. truckerjoe

Ok.....Where to start.. Im 30 and transgender. I am at the start of the road for a FTM and things are not easy in anyway shape or form. I have pretty much lost most of my family and friends because of finally telling them. But eh such is life i suppose. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger or so they say...just wish it didn't hurt so bad...

Joe

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey - welcome to the site, hope you like it! Sorry to hear about your situation with family and friends. Lots of transgender people here though, so hopefully you'll be able to have some helpful conversations. Plus the rest of us are here for you too. :slight_smile:

3. Swim2Fly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome! I'm still relatively new here, but I found out almost immediately how much you can take away from (or contribute to!) this place because of all the great people. Sorry things are a little rough with the people you've loved and cared for (and who have loved and cared for you) for so long. A lot of people have been through similar losses, and I bet you'll hear from some soon.
    This is an incredibly difficult time, so I'm glad you have reached out here for some extra love and support.(*hug*) You seem confident in your actions, and I'm very proud of you for that. You are doing exactly what's right, even if your friends and family don't quite understand yet. Hope things clear up and that you find a good home here!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

5. Delta

Hello! I'm sure you'll find at very least an open support group here. Not everyone will understand, but everyone will listen, and accept you, and more people than you ever thought was possible will understand. Everyone here is open, and everyone here cares. Good luck, and welcome!

6. IrisM

Welcome to EC. Know that here, you are among friends. Remember if you find yourself with any questions or are in need of support that many people have been in similar situations and will be happy to give you advice. There are quite a few transfolk here and we empathize with your situation. Once again, you are among friends who accept you.

7. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, Joe!

I have no experience at all with your journey, but the hardest part of accepting it yourself is done.

If they were true friends, they'll find their way back to you - just give them time. If they weren't, then the loss is theirs.

As for family - difficult for them to understand, you have to accept that, but again, I don't think their love for you will have vanished after so many years. Time.

As you've already been told - there are so many listening ears on here. Don't keep it all bottled up!

(*hug*)

8. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

10. gay christian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    <3 hang in there, and always know that you are a wonderful and unique individual! xxx

11. truckerjoe

Wow is all I can say. Sitting here going through your replys has put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Ty all so much..

12. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

Hi, Joe! Welcome to EC! You'll meet some great people on here, there's a lot of transgender posters as well.

13. Katelynn

Hi! (*hug*) Welcome so much to EC!!! (&&&)

14. 55

Welcome, Joe! If you stay involved, you'll love it here!

(*hug*)

15. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Joe. :slight_smile:

16. truckerjoe

I do plan to be around that is a for sure thing. I have learned much from reading the other posts and I am happy to have found this site and the amazing people on it...Ty all again for being yourselves...

Joe