1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm... hi world ;-)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AmaranthHart, Jul 28, 2012.

1. AmaranthHart

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! This whole world is very new to me still, as it was only recently that I realized that I was bi. I have a lot to learn.

My growing up years were dominated by very conservative Christianity (IFB) as well as very conservative southern culture, so people who were LGBT were like aliens to me, sadly. It wasn't until I hit my young adult years that I started questioning things (ultimately led to leaving Christianity), which also led to questioning my sexuality (another thing that was taboo growing up - plain old sex). As I'm discovering, being bi-sexual is no less acceptable to the world, even to other people with "abnormal" sexuality, so that's certainly a lot to swallow. My mother recently asked me if I was bi, and was none to pleased with my answer. She stated I had opened myself up to demon possession and was in a terrible place, spiritually. *sigh...

I'm so tired of having to suppress who I really am because the people around me can't handle the real me. So tired of having to keep people appeased to prevent nasty arguments and hateful words. I am me, and I happen to be bi-sexual. Live with it, and please love me regardless of it - that's all I ask. Once I truly make it known, I know the backlash will be ugly, so I'm eagerly seeking to create my own family of friends who will love and support me in the absence of my blood family. So far I have at least three people in that family, and I'm eternally grateful for each of them. :slight_smile:

I look forward to meeting people here and sharing life's craziness. (&&&)
    ~ Amaranth

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. SydneyChick

SydneyChick Guest

Hey! This site is super friendly, I've only been here for about a month or so - probably not even that - but I know that there is ALWAYS someone to talk to and someone who can relate to what's happening in your life at the moment. It's a pretty great feeling!

Being bi-sexual, I know that realising things.. blah, it's so confusing at times. I'm really glad to have my close friends and family be supportive of it though, because I understand how much people have to deal with. Eventually, you will find out yourself that the 'demon possession' is totally worth understanding how you think and genuinely who you are.

Suppressing who you are? I know too much of how you feel, kind of hiding in the shadows (Or closet, whatever) because people suck isn't a great feeling. You will eventually find the right kind of people, who know and understand how you truly are. I only keep a tight knit group of friends around, mainly due to that. People suck.. majority of the time.

Feel free to chat to me any time! Have a good one!

4. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

5. Aeon Magus

Hello, AmaranthHart, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

6. SkyDiver

Welcome to EC :grin:

7. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Hello and welcome to EC.

8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Hey, welcome, i think you'll like it here. everyones really kind and understanding and supportive of everyone. i love it, wish more places were like EC...

9. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC:smilewave

10. Dolphinkid

Hola amiga! Yo tambien soy bisexual. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. AmaranthHart

Out Status:
    A few people