1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well hello there.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Fae, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Fae

Fae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there! I'm Fae :slight_smile:

I'm Australian, 18 years old, and I've been hiding my sexuality for the past 6 of those years. I'm training to be a teacher, and my biggest hobby is art (pencils, inks, and watercolours, specifically).

In just over a month I'll be leaving my country to travel for 5 months on a belated gap year. Immediately following this I'll be moving interstate permanently. Because of this, I realize that it's going to be very likely that I'll not see the people that I know now very often/ever again. I'd really, really like to come out to at least some of them before I leave - both for myself, as I've wanted to for a long time, and because they're such an amazing group of people that I feel awful for not telling, because I know that they'd be nothing but supportive.

So there's my goal. I'm here because I thought that it might be nice to talk to some friendly people who might have experienced similar feelings/situations. Don't disappoint me, EC :wink:

2. Katelynn

Hi Fae!!! (*hug*) Welcome so much to EC!!! I think that's a wonderful goal to set for yourself & you are definitely in the right place, every one here is so amazingly supportive! I actually have a cousin who moved down to Australia for a year to teach, & I can relate to what you feel, since I came out to her before she left last December! It can be a hard thing to muster up the courage to do (I myself sort of chickened out & told my cousin over FB chat lol), but it can also be such a release just to say it out loud too. I hope it goes awesomely for you!!! :grin:

3. Fae

Fae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much! :slight_smile: Everyone here seems wonderful.

Yeah, it's absolutely terrifying! I've been so tempted to just throw people a text message, but I know that out loud is probably better for me since it'll be harder to avoid people immediately afterwards, hahah.

4. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

5. Aeon Magus

Hello, Fae, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!