1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um, hi...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Rakkaus, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Uh, hey everyone...:smilewave

I'm a guy who's been attracted to guys probably since I was around 12-years-old or so, but was deeply in the closet even to myself, never thinking I could be anything other than straight until I was 21. A bit embarrassed it took me so long to admit what is so obvious to me now. But since then, I've been trying to make up for lost time and rush to embrace my identity. (Though tbh I'm still not quite sure whether that identity is gay or bi...)

Anyway I graduated this year from the freedom of university life, and for the moment at least am living at home with my family again, which means, ugh, back to living in the closet.

I'm not sure how or when I first found this site, but it looks like the sort of interesting community I've been hoping to find and would love to be part of.

So, um, yeah, peace out everyone. :newcolor:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Welcome to EC! I know you'll find a lot of people here who can relate! Hope you enjoy your stay here! :slight_smile:

4. Akatosh

Hi Rakkaus,

Your story sounds a lot like mine! I also question bi/gay, feel as though I've missed out on some living/loving (never been in an intimate relationship (v-card and proud)), feel as though family prefers me in closet, and just graduating college (now I'm forced to focus on me :/). Good luck!

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

thecat06, hey there, thanks for the welcome.

RueBea85, you too, thanks for the welcome, and yeah, I'm sure my experience is not a unique one, I look forward to hearing other people's stories, sharing our experiences, and perhaps even helping each other work through our issues.

And speaking of shared experiences, Andmow, I definitely hope we can talk at some point. I know it is quite bothersome knowing we never really got to be ourselves growing up, and I am certainly envious now seeing out-and-proud kids at age 13 who were able to accept themselves long before I had the maturity to do so...but we can't change the past, we need to live in the present so we can make a better future. We still have plenty of time to make that change. :thumbsup:

6. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Rakkaus. :slight_smile:

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well hello there, Aeon, and thank you for your kind welcome. :slight_smile:

8. Praetor

Hey Rakkaus, I am dealing with a very similar situation like you (except a bit younger). At this point I don't really know where I fall on the "spectrum". Hopefully we can talk in the future at some point?

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Oh, hey there, Praetor... Seems like a bunch of us going through similar issues all joined this forum at the same time. Of course I'd love to talk to you, I think we can all help each other figure out who we are. :slight_smile:

10. Kat kanu

Hey Rakkaus,
    I just came out to myself too lol and im 21 ive never been happier so welcome everyone here is freaking awesome no need to hide anything or be ashamed of anything here lol we're one big happy family all chilling in the rainbow so welcome big brother (&&&)