1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GirlNextDoor, Sep 4, 2012.

1. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Well, as a new member of EC, I figured I'd introduce myself a little... plus I need a little advice on coming out. :slight_smile:
    I'm in high school, and I recently discovered I'm bisexual (although I'd suspected for a long time). I live in a relatively non-homophobic community, luckily, and I feel somewhat safe about telling someone.
    I have one friend I have literally known my whole life (I have baby pictures of us) and I have considered telling him first. I don't really think this will be an issue, as he has several friends who are homosexual.
    My family is not homophobic whatsoever (my aunt is a lesbian and my sister was named after my mom's best friend who was gay), so I don't think they will be a problem either. :eusa_danc
    However, most of my other friends are either strict Jehovah's Witness, or Mormon. :icon_sad: I don't know if I will ever tell them (although I feel bad keeping secrets).
    Finally, I have a friend whom I met a few years ago. We are so similar in personality, people often call us "the twins". :lol: Our friendship grew really close really fast, and she is by far the best female friend I have ever had.
    This girl would be the second person I told (the first being the male friend I mentioned). I know this is kind of a classic, but I'm really afraid that once she learns I like girls, she'd distance herself from me. Or worse, reject me. :icon_sad: I really don't think I could handle that.
    Is there a way I could tell her to minimize the chance of future awkwardness between us? I really, really do not want to lose her.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. Gallatin

Bienvenue! :smilewave

4. Ozma

Ozma Guest

Hi! It's good to meet you.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC, when I first started to come out I also had a major fear that my friends would all become paranoid that I fancied them and things would become awkward but they never did. The truth of it is, if they are a true friend, which it sounds like she is then they wont have a problem. Perhaps when you tell her, you could say, 'ive been really nervous about telling you because I really value your friendship and I didnt want things to become awkward between us, but because I value your friendship I really felt I wanted you to be one of the first people to know', or something along those lines.

6. Schabanak

Welcome
    True friends don't judge you by your sexuality :slight_smile:
    They will see you as the same person you are

7. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed!
    I know it's easy to say, but if the both of you have a strong bond then she won't go anywhere.
    And welcome to EC!

8. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, GND. :slight_smile:

9. Brody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wlcome and i love silverhalo's pic