1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good morning, afternoon, or evening depending upon your location.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by patience, Sep 10, 2012.

1. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself because it's the first thing I could find on EC that felt somewhat familiar. There is so much here! So many places to talk and find info. It's a little overwhelming. :slight_smile:

I'm a bisexual female, married to a man. Unlike a lot of women, I realized that I liked both men and women at the tender age of 9. Of course, I had no idea what that meant until later on. Went through the whole "Am I a lesbian?" thing in high school. In college, my gay friends teased me about not having the "guts to commit" to being a lesbian and my straight friends teased me for being "just another bicurious chick." Such is the nature of the bisexual conundrum, I suppose. Too straight to be gay, too gay to be straight.

I came out to my husband while we were still dating. Parents, siblings, friends? Nope. A couple of people have accidentally found out (sometimes in the most awkward of ways) but I didn't just come out and tell them. I don't really feel the need to. I don't know why.

Today, I realized that in my travels to far off places and my dealings with thousands of people in my lifetime, I have never met and/or spoken to another bisexual female. Yes, I've known girls who like to kiss other girls to turn guys on, but I have never known another bisexual female like me. Not one. And that hurt me to know. I want to. That's why I'm here.

So, I'd like to get started. Where is the best place to start on EC? Anyone have any "don't miss this thread" suggestions? Any noob pointers?

I hope everyone has a lovely day.
    -Patience

2. J Snow

Hello and welcome =)

There is unfortunately a lot of biphobia even amongst the LGBTQ community. People who think that bisexual people are just "confused" or afraid to commit to being gay. Its a bunch of nonsense, but good for you for sticking to your guns

I don't believe this for an instant =P This is statistically impossible. You may not have known the person as bi, but I don't think its possible you could have never spoken to another bisexual woman >.<

Well if you really want to find some like minded people to talk to for advice or anything then Support and Advice would be a good place to post. But it all kind of depends on what you are looking for here. If you are just looking for friendly people to talk to I think you'll find that anywhere on the site =]

3. Schabanak

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

5. Salazar

Hey! This is the best place for you! Everyone's really nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for! You can always post in the support forum if you need any help with anything!

6. Ozma

Ozma Guest

Hi There! It's nice to meet you. :slight_smile:

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

yes very nice to meet you indeed

8. HarleyQ

Ahhh! Similarities abound! I figured out my love for the ladies quite young too and was actually a bit surprised to learn that I liked boys too lol. But both of my serious girlfriends were lesbians, so I can say that I have not met another open bisexual female. And as far as a lot the people who do know... I'm also either "too gay to be straight" or "too straight to be gay" or... just plain greedy.

I'm glad you've stumbled on here :slight_smile: And I hope you find what you need :slight_smile:

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.