1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Amir Johanne, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Amir Johanne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Guys, I'm a seventeen year old gay ftm band geek. Recently someone outed me at school, or at least it seems like I was outed. I don't who did it if anyone did. It just seemed that way; because everyone was calling "miss" and asking me about "Boys don't cry". I'm pre-t and pre-op. I'm currently waiting to turn 18 before I get treatment. I'm only out to my mom who always pushes "how awesome the female body is" and "making babies" bullcrap on me. My dad has aspergers and my sister is autistic. That's my legal family. I was adopted. My biological father left my mother after he found out she was pregnant with me, and my biological mom left me for the military.

2. julia

Hello, welcome to EC! I'm sorry you were outed at your school, I couldn't imagine what you're going through. Hopefully you will find the support you need here :slight_smile:

3. Amir Johanne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I currently have no clue on what I should do in this situation. I'll probably use my wit if people try to verbally harass me. Also I have support from my band director, and I'm going to try to come out to the band before it gets out of hand.

4. Kieth11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's a bummer, being outed in school. I keep waiting for that too happen because I know it will, and then people will call him mean names.

For some reason I keep accidentally say mean things that I don't realize, sorry if I did that.

Being outed isn't always bad, I mean, if you're out, then you can kind of be who you are instead of who you aren't or are expected to be. I sometimes feel like that, like I'm pretending to be someone I just am not, though I don't know if you should do that or not. Probably not, but...

Do what you think is best, come out to the band or not, although if you do, they might throw you out, especially if it's a male only band. Just keep that in mind, but do what you think is best.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

I'm sorry that you were outed at school. That's a tough situation. I hope that the band director will be able to help you out!

6. Amir Johanne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They won't through me out. It's lgbt inclusive band, where I make up the 10%, being both gay and transgendered. I kind of feel like I have to because of irrational parents thinking I'm some "sick predator after their son/daughter to corrupt their soul" essentially. I know that's complete b.s. I'm more worried that someone might be transphobic and might try to attack me. If that happens, I might lose control and kill them. Which will make going to college difficult. The band director already knows. Also to point out something, I'm the only senior in the band and I don't date people under 18. For the most part they are too immature for me. Besides I find adults way more attractive for some reason.

7. Welcome to EC. Some misfortunate things have happened to you. I'm sorry. If there is anything I can do to help you. Let me know.

8. HatterMad

hello and welcome

9. Schabanak

10. th3wallflow3r

eyupp and welcome to EC.
    I'm sorry to hear that you were outed like that. just ignore idiots who make these comments.
    you ARE male and stupid comments like that are pathetic.

11. TearDropFairy91

Hi it's nice to meet you ^_^ welcome to EC

12. hey welcome (*hug*)

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.