1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to you all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Minamimoto_Fan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Minamimoto_Fan

Hello, I am an 18 year old guy from southern Ohio. My life is pretty boring, the only thing that really sets me apart from the rest of the crowd is my semi-insane, goofball self. I enjoy the arts and am a second bass in my school's chamber choir. I had been struggling with my sexuality ever since I had hit puberty and from liking girls because it was the norm to subtly looking at certain boys. What finally made me accept my sexuality was my ex.

I found Empty Closets about a month ago when I was looking up some advice on how to come out to your parents. At the time, my boyfriend, who's sadly broken up with me, was a little frustrated that I wasn't being honest with my parents. Eventually, I came out to both of them, and got a response that was basically one you'd get if you told somebody the sky was blue. I was super happy I could finally be open with my parents. Ironically, my boyfriend told me that he didn't think that it was going to work out, so he left me. I had basically cried myself to sleep that night because, even though we'd only known each other for 2 years, he was my best friend and I thought I might lose him as a friend as well. I called him about a week later and asked if we could still be friends, and he said he'd like that very much. I still have, and probably will always, have feelings for him because he was my first boyfriend and the first person I'd ever been attracted too. I still get a bit depressed thinking about it, but I suppose I need to move on. He is currently dating a girl, he's bisexual BTW, and though it pains me that we're not together, I'm glad that things are going well for him.

So yeah, I'm currently single, but I'm trying to fix that. I have a crush on two boys at my school. Both of them are in the music program, and I think they're pretty cute. One's bisexual, and I really enjoy talking to him. I'm just afraid he might say no because I have no idea if he's bi-romantic. The other thing is, I have no classes with him and can only catch hom before he goes to marching band after school. The other one is somebody I don't really know very well because he's kinda shy except for this one girl he talks to all the time. I'm 99% sure he's gay, but I'm not sure. He acts a little stereotypical, but I've never been one for stereotypes. I myself have my camp moments, but for the most part, unless I told you, you'd think I'm perfectly straight.

SO, that's my life in a nutshell with the relationship drama that's happened the last month or so. I may get depressed sometimes, but then I think, "Hey, I'm 18, still in high school. I have plenty of time to find my future husband!"

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

3. HarleyQ

Definately!! I like relationships, but I don't want to find my soulmate just yet lol. We're too young to want forever!! lol That being said... I hope it works out with one of the music cuties! You'll have to keep us updated :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. th3wallflow3r

eyupp and welcome to ec.
    (also bisexual/biromantic.. both can still be in someway attracted to both the opposite sex along with the same, just the later is without sexual attraction.)

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!! It's good to see some more Ohioans here!!

6. Minamimoto_Fan

Oh sorry. I'm still learning terms and stuff, so if I use something wrong, I apologize in advance. Like I said in the OP, I finally accepted my sexuality when I dated my ex, which was about half a year ago.

At times, he'd talk something, and I'd look at him as though he were speaking another language. I had no idea what stuff like "bear" meant until he had to give me a brief explanation. Every time this would happen, he'd chuckle because I'd apparently blush badly.

I'm glad I'm not the only person here in the ol' Buckeye state. I love living a stone's throw away from the Queen City

#6 Minamimoto_Fan, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. HatterMad

hey, welcome to the board, glad you posted

8. Schabanak

9. Kyllani

Welcome to EC!

10. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people