1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FireBender, Sep 21, 2012.

1. FireBender

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello EC,
    I'm new here obviously so I guess I can start off telling you a bit about how I came to be here. Let's see... Back when i was little my family and I ended up moving around a lot and naturally it became hard for me to make friends. Both my parents worked most of the time, so they had to have a babysitter for me and my 2 siblings. My babysitters son ended up sexually abusing me (although my parents don't know it and only a few friends do) and before too long the babysitter was fired and we moved again. My Sophomore year of high school my family moved to a completely new district and I started out not even attempting to meet anyone. my junior year is when i met my best friend (and current girlfriend) in an art class. When we started out we were both afraid of 'liking' one another in that way and what it would do to our friendship of things went sour. over time we actually told each other how we felt and agreed that we would support one another if we had found a significant other (a boyfriend) but in the meantime we would remain close. that didn't last too long because the longer we tried to fight it, the more confused we were, and the more depressed we became. Eventually we said to hell with it and that we loved one another.
    we have now been dating for a year now and my love for her hasn't changed but now i am constantly worried that someone will find out. Our closest friend and a small handful of people know about us and are supportive. But both our families are strict Catholics (especially my dad) and i am scared to know how they will react. With her parents i am afraid that they would be furious and she would lose the bond that she has with them. My parents on the other hand I have never been really close to but i cant say i don't want them to accept me. My mother had just recently made her opinion about the matter clear and it has gotten me into a panic...
    So when my girlfriend found this site and told me how helpful it was i was concerned it could be traced and people would find out. but after further looking and such i am ready to give it a try. It helped her calm her nerves so i hope it will help mine...

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. frogger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I should welcome you to EC. Seeing that I'm your girlfriend :slight_smile: So welcome to the site honey.

4. Melissa

*hugs*

Hi there, welcome! I think it's great you both are here. ^^ I hope you are able to feel at home and make some friends. See you around! BTW, love the Legend of Korra avatar! <3

5. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

7. Schabanak

8. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Welcomes to you!! (*hug*)

9. spectrumsigner

Welcome! I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

10. HarleyQ

Welcome to EC! Glad to see both of you here :slight_smile:
    I hope we can help you calm your nerves too :slight_smile:

11. FireBender

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for all your welcomes :slight_smile: And I love the legend of korra DayByDay :slight_smile: its my favorite show. lol I usually imagine myself as Korra and my gf as Mako lol

12. HatterMad

Welcome to EC, hope you find it to be helpful too