1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, All!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by kinar70, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kinar70

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, :smilewave
    I'm new here to the site. I'm just looking to meet new people and, hopefully, make some new friends. I just moved to a new city where I don't know anyone - Little Rock, AR. After a month, I'm starting to feel terribly lonely and can't seem to find any friends here from the LGBT community... or any actual LGBT community. I'm not the type to go to clubs all the time. I don't mind going to one every once in a while, but I'm not into loud music, dancing, or a lot of small talk. I'd rather have a real conversation without feeling like a piece of meat looking to hook up. I've been in a monogamous relationship for more than 12 years with a woman who has decided we need to take a break so she can explore other people now that she is out. It's a relationship I hope will eventually continue, but for now I'm just looking for someone to talk to. I moved here because she asked me to, but at the moment we are only friends. Now I'm stuck in a city where I don't know anyone and feel more alone than I have my entire life. Didn't really mean to go into all of this... I just feel very lonely and am looking for some kind of normal human connection.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. Melissa

*hugs*

Hi there, and welcome to EC! I'm sorry you've been feeling lonely. :frowning2: Your situation seems especially hard. On the one hand, congrats on such a long relationship, and sometimes a break can be a good thing... But I can still see that as being tough. Then to compound that with being in a new place. Ugh. I hope you can find some comfort here with us. Everyone's pretty friendly. ^_^ We all need that human connection, right?

4. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC!
    I know how you feel, I just moved too, I still don't go to school and I don't have a license so I'm basically home bound. I'm definitely up for a chat :slight_smile:
    Have a nice stay.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

6. Schabanak

7. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

(*hug*) Welcome!!

8. kinar70

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks to everyone for your responses and making me feel so welcome. I can't wait to get to know you all. This is the best I've felt in a month. Thank you all again.:icon_bigg

9. HarleyQ

Oh, Sweetie, that's rough :/
    I'm glad you found us... I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a human connection here :slight_smile: If you ever want to talk... I'm here :slight_smile:

10. HatterMad

Hello and welcome...what a tough place to be in right now, I'm glad that you found us.