1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*waves*

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SillyRomantic, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SillyRomantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings!

I'm another newbie to LGBTQ forums. I've identified as bi for years, but never took my attraction towards women seriously--until about a year ago. I've been a lot happier ever since! My (sometimes forced) interest in men seemed to magically vanish, so now I'm identifying as somewhere between bi and lesbian. I guess it's a process, or a journey or whatever you may want to call it.

I've come out to my friends and my mother. The rest of my family doesn't know yet. They're not religious, but still rather conservative, and my mother is having a hard time accepting my orientation, so I'm letting her take some time before explicitly outing myself to the others.

I've chosen "SillyRomantic" as a nickname because that's mostly how I feel these days: Coming out and the experience afterwards feels like puberty version 2.0, with all the insecurities that entails, only a more informed kind of insecurity this time around.

Well, that's the intro, now for some roaming of the forum.

2. Lark

Lark Guest

*waves back* Hola, senora. 'Grats on the coming out, and good luck with the rest! :grin:

3. AlexisAnne

It's great that you're coming out to people, and its great to see you here. Welcome :slight_smile:

4. Schabanak

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally experienced puberty version 2 when I accepted my sexuality as well.

6. julia

Hiya, welcome!

7. SillyRomantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the warm welcome! :slight_smile:

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Weeeelcccooommme! :grin: I didn't start outting myself until I fell in love with a girl. I couldnt really ignore my attractions after that. =/ Anyways, welcome to EC SillyRomantic! :grin:

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

10. Onyxknight

Welcome! :smilewave

11. The Queen Bee

Hell, yeah... I'm a Kinsey 4-5.
    I recently came out as a lesbian. I never identified myself as bi... but, I thought I was asexual (something that I still consider myself to be).

OMG! So effing true.
    Hell, the first time me hitting on a girl in a gay bar... Definitely outside my confort zone. lol :lol: I remember saying to a friend: "Geezus... This feels like high school all over again"... XD

Welcome, welcome, welcome... :thumbsup:

12. loganjay12

loganjay12 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello there :slight_smile: Welcome to EC! :grin:

13. SillyRomantic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's difficult to just say "Yes, I'm a lesbian," because I feel that excludes--and denies--all the feelings I've had for men in the past. I can't do that without feeling dishonest. I have been head over heels for some men, only they were always far out of my reach.

At the same time, I am 100% confident that I absolutely love women! It's just that I cannot say for sure that I'll never ever ever be attracted to a man again.

Hmmm, I'm usually quite confident actually. It's just that, I feel I have a lot to learn! Some women are so difficult to decipher! They... Really? "They"? Wow. WE! can flirt pretty heavily for a while, then shut down all flirting the next time we meet. I can have a really hard time understanding whether someone is uninterested or just nervous--when I really like them, mind you.

#14 SillyRomantic, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  14. The Queen Bee

I feel you...
    I came out as a lesbian and I say "gay woman" or "lesbian" for the lack of a better term. Personally I prefer the term "queer" BY FAR (also because I still see myself as Gray-A, biromantic, leaning homosexual, Kinsey's 4-5)... I live in a Spanish speaking country and in my mothertongue there's no translation for Queer, so... Also people know I'm gay, but that doesn't mean I want to talk about my sexual orientation all the time and so, explaining Kinsey's becomes a drag.

If I feel like discussing about it say I have "bisexual tendencies" or that "there's a level of bisexuality in me"... Also I'm not too fond of saying that I'm bi for two reasons:
    a) Because it's not 50-50 or 60-40 (either way) for me; so I don't identify as one. I'm like 70-80% gay.
    b) Because, in all honesty, I don't like the estereotypes that come along with saying "I'm bisexual"; it's awful, I know. But, inside the LGBTA-Z community they're rejected by some of us.

I have had major crushes towards guys as well (actually my strongest crush has been towards a guy and not a girl), so I see where you're coming from here...

Awesome!! :grin: Some can go so fast. lol :lol:
    For me it was here and there. Like that first time hitting on that girl... or when I went to Pride. But it was just at the begining of those events...
    Sort like when you first bungie jump... When you're falling, you're like: "Hell, yeah!!" (!)(!)(!)...