1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally came to terms, wanting to come out...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by whitwhit82, Oct 25, 2012.

1. whitwhit82

Hi! :smilewave I've known for quite some time that I am a lesbian. However, I come from a strict, religious background and I've fought hard to supress my feelings. My family and friends and the majority of my community view homosexuality as a sin and as a whole, are not supportive. I started therapy a little over a year ago, seeking help to recover from years and years of sexual abuse and rape. My therapist is amazing and with her help I've been able to overcome so much. I just recently (August 26) moved out of my parents house for the first time (I'm 30 years old) and I went back to college (August 21) to finish my degree I started ten years ago. I have worked hard to make major changes in my life and move forward, instead of being frozen in fear. Part of that has been exploring my sexuality. When I first started therapy, I told my therapist I was attracted to women, but was unsure of my true feelings. I was very confused and scared. We left it at that and I never brought it up again. A few months ago, however, I met someone and began a relationship with her. It took almost a month of dating before I was ready to tell my therapist. The relationship didn't last long, but it opened the door of communication in therapy again. After moving out of my house, something clicked with me. I realized I can live my life for myself now. I don't have to be fake within the walls of my own home and that feels amazing. One of my new goals is to come out to my closest friend. For now, though, we are working on me being comfortable with my sexuality myself. I'm excited about the journey and I'm excited to have found EC!!!!

2. MC Nickayyy xD

That one place, you know, by that one thing.
    Nice to meet you, and I hope it keeps going well! As for myself I think I'll be coming out tomorrow, to the school and family as well. ^_^ a bit scared but I have EC for support

3. sporty0293

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know how you feel, I am very scared about coming out, but I really want to. I have the same family background, my mom not so sure about my dad but my family views homosexuality as a sin, and that it is wrong. They are always cracking jokes, sometimes I tell them to stop when I can't take listening to them anymore, I stand up for the LGBT community and everyone around me knows that I do. But what they don't know is that I am a lesbian and I have known for a very long time that I was.

4. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC. I admire what you've done and overcome to be where you are today.

5. PinkTractor

Hello and welcome! My compliments on the progress you're making!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!! Congrats on all of the progress that you have made!

7. whitwhit82

Thank you so much! It feels awesome to have the support of my therapist and now I have EC! I'm loving it here. What an awesome place to be supported, support others, and share what is on your mind regarding your sexuality without fear!

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

9. CalebCael

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying your stay <3