1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a year on EC!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 55, Nov 3, 2012.

1. 55

I can't believe it, but I just past my one-year anniversary on EC! When I joined this community Halloween night last year, I was struggling with the necessity of coming out to my wife of 35 years. I knew it had to be done, but was absolutely terrified.

Well in this year, I came out to her, told my three adult children, my seven siblings and their families, my now-ex-in-laws (via my wonderful ex), almost all of my friends, and some of my coworkers! I've met many wonderful new friends (the closest of my life) here on EC and in my local community!

It has been a roller coaster for sure, but well worth it for everyone concerned!

I just want to thank everyone here for the advice and support they've given! Especially Chip, Lex, and all my new came-out-late-married brothers! (&&&) You've all helped so much on my journey! I'm not going anywhere. I check in here just about every day. I know I've been able to be a source of support and advice for many EC members and that feels just as good as what I've received!

To the newbies, you've found a fantastic site to get what you need on this stage of your incredibly tough journey! Lean on it, learn from it, and let it take you where you need to go.

Much love,

:kiss:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!) Happy EC-versary!! (!)

I love hearing how discovering our little corner of cyberspace has impacted people and helped them to come out. I'm glad that being a member here has helped you to make so much progress. :slight_smile:

3. FunnyMonkey

I'm one of the newbies, but congratulations on your anniversary!!!!

4. AlexisAnne

I'm relatively new here as well (can't believe it's only been a little over a month :slight_smile: ) but congrats on a year here, and the productive year you've had in your life as well.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is all amazing! Happy for you :slight_smile:

6. jimL

There isn't a better place for love and support than right here. Need I say more? Congratulations 55.

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations :eusa_clap

I hope to say that someday (*hug*)

8. whitwhit82

I'm a newbie and I'm LOVING it here! In the few weeks I've been on, you and your posts and words of encouragement have stuck out to me. I admire your courage.

9. The Queen Bee

Dude, that's awesome!!

I'm relatively new here as well. XD
    I consider myself a late bloomer (found out I'm gay fairly recently... mid 20s).
    Hearing stories of later, very late and ancient bloomers has been cool. Most people here come in and out when they're on their teen years... And for some of us, it's just not that way.
    So I think it's amazing.
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy EC anniversary! :slight_smile:

It's absolutely wonderful that EC has provided you with a solid foundation on which you can rely on, and has helped you to create connections with others.

Here is to another year on EC!

11. maxx

Congratulations on your anniversary, 55! I know I would not be where I am now (out, proud of who I am and happier than I've ever been in my life) without the support, kindness and love that you and everyone else have shown me. You've made an incredible difference in my life and I'll always be grateful.

Love,
    Maxx

12. Eleanor Rigby

Happy Ec-versary ! And congratulations for all the things that you achieved :eusa_clap
    I'm glad Ec had been able to help you on your journey.
    Take care (*hug*) Cécile