1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, Everybody

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Jayareh, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Jayareh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello. Call me Jay. I found EC by just surfing the net for gay support sites. The reviews are
    very complimentary. After looking around on the site, reading other intros, and the other forums, I feel I found the right place to be.
    The reason I'm here? I'm a sixty year old man who has lately been trying to come to grips with my sexuality. I've always been attracted to women, I still am. However, for the about the past couple of years I've found myself being attracted to, and fantasizing about
    being with men. Younger men, like, 18 - 25 type. Although I haven't lost my sexual taste for woman. I've really never had a gay experience. I came close once. I'll tell you later.
    I am married. Have been for 19 years. Mostly happy. But then, every marriage has it's ups and downs. I haven't come out to my wife, yet. More about that as you get to know me. I'm very much looking forward to knowing all of you. From what I've read here you seem like good people. And I'm happy to be here in your company. I look forward to this journey.

2. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC Jay :slight_smile: Nice to have you here.

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Hey Jay and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the EC jay, it's a really nice place to come and chat or ask questions.:slight_smile:

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

7. Kieth11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, Jay! I found this site exactly the same way, and I can personally tell you that this is the closest to a gay support group as you probably will ever find (I tried searching for a good one for a long time).

May I ask you a question? You're sixty and now just coming to terms that you're gay? I'm sorry, but that's kind of unusual. Sorry for sounding so straightforward and/or rude, but I'm just a little surprised.

Anyway, Welcome to EC, and I hope you have as much fun here as I do! :slight_smile:

8. madi

Welcome :slight_smile:

9. Jayareh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In answer to your question, Kieth. For a long time I thought I was totally straight. Earlier
    in my life I had anxiety about my sexual feelings. At that time I thought maybe I'm really gay. But when l thought about acting on it things just did'nt feel right. And with women, it felt right. However now I have feelings toward other men. And now, this time in my life, I want to go with it. Unusual? Perhaps, but the way I look at it's better late that never.
    And, no need to apologize. Be straightforward, and please be honest.

Kieth, and everyone, Thank you for your warm welcome.

10. FunnyMonkey

Welcome to EC

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome!

Actually, coming to terms with your sexuality at your age isn't as uncommon as you might think. One of my friends came out at 68. He's now 73, and hasn't ever been happier. His kids (all grown and in their 30s and 40s) and ex-wife are totally accepting.

Jay, you might benefit from getting Joe Kort's amazing book "Ten Smart Things Gay Men Can Do to Find Real Love." The book has little to do with finding real love, but everything to do with understanding yourself, and it has a couple of chapters on coming out later in life, coming out while heterosexually married, and lots of other stuff that you'll likely find beneficial. It's not a super breezy read, but well worth the effort.