1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here i Am!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TheFirstStep, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TheFirstStep

First off, Hi!

This will be my first Blog post here on Empty Closets, and i hope that i dont sound too much like a noob... because i am.

But anyway, i came here to Empty Closets because i am a 20 year old college student, and for the past 16 years of my life, ive been lieing to myself and everyone around me.

My parents would frequently ask me when i was going to get a girlfriend, what my plans were after college, where i would like settle down. and i believed for the longest time, that oneday, these urges to do these things would kick in, like puberty... They did. but not in the direction that i had planned.

Ive known that i was different since i was in the third grade, but ive only come to accept myself for who i am in the past couple weeks. and the road that lies ahead of me, chills me to my bones.

i feel trapped by my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents expectations. (Yes, my great grandparents are still alive. and doing just fine!) You see, my immidiate family is religious, we are christians, but as you move up the family tree, the more potent the bible thumpers.

i know my family loves me. and i know that they will find out someday, when im ready or not, they will find out. i just find it so hard to deal with the thought of seeing my family look at me in a different light. and that terrifies me.

Im not really used to doing this kind of thing, im frequently the person peoplecome to for help and advice for matters in life, but now, i find myself in their shoes, and im coming to you guys for help, friendship, and advice.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

And i also look forward to being here for a while, so if you have any blogging advice... any and all will be appreciated. :lol:

2. Ticklish Fish

Hello hello!
    Feel free to use this forum's functions! (which includes the blog)

3. AlexisAnne

Welcome. I was terrified about being seen in a different light by my family and indeed the ones who know do. Different doesn't have to mean bad though. Hope you enjoy yourself here :slight_smile:

4. santaberry

Welcome! My family is super religious too. When I come out it will be like the apocalypse for them and so many people will shun me. Except for my mother and possibly my aunt because I've heard her say before, when people were discussing homosexuality and how it's wrong, "I don't get it. If it's wrong then why does God put people on this earth with those urges?". So yeah. My mom and aunt I know will always love and be there for me. That's all that matters to me. As long as I have my momma :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

6. TheFirstStep

Im feeling the genuine sense of compassion.

Thanks! :grin: