1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by rikibamboo, Nov 13, 2012.

1. rikibamboo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stumbled onto this site by accident. Glad I did because it seems like a nice place.

My name is Rick, 24, from Arlington, Virginia. Started feeling that I was different way back in elementary. Going to an all-boys Catholic school, I wasn't exactly in the best place to talk about sexuality though.

Only really came out to myself after watching Milk when I was in college. First person I came out to was my best friend right before we graduated. She took it extremely well. Since then I’ve been slowly coming out to the people in my life. My parents and sister already know and they’re pretty okay with it. My dad’s only request when I came out to him was that I have a kid that was directly related to him. Haha! (Not sure if he was being serious though…)

What I am having a hard time doing is involving myself in LGBT stuff. There’s that awkward tension with other gay guys that I can’t seem to shake off. Not sure if you know what I’m talking about. Like, how I just want to be friends with someone but don't know if that's what the other person is also thinking. Think this would be a nice, neutral place to start.

Anyways, hello everyone!!! :icon_bigg

#1 rikibamboo, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. Romi

Aww, yay! I'm so excited to meet another Virginian!
    Welcome to EC. It's a lovely place, as I'm sure you've noticed.
    There are so many wonderful people here who are always willing to help answer any questions you might have, share in your good news, and be a shoulder for the bad. As a general population, I'd say we're a pretty nifty bunch.
    As far as involving yourself in the lgbtiq community, this is as good a place as any to start. And being here is a really great gateway to anything you'll have to do or want to do in person.
    so again..Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us! :grin:

4. rikibamboo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For sure! I do hope to become involved in the LGBTIQ community around the area. I've been reading through this forum and it looks like a great place for people to talk about a range of topics. I just hope I don't offend anyone by my misuse of pronouns or incomplete acronyms.

#4 rikibamboo, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the EC (*hug*)

6. Toaddy

Welcome!

7. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: Enjoy yourself here, its a great place!

8. Ticklish Fish