1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entering the Lesbian World After Straight Lifestyle - Advice?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RainbowBright, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RainbowBright

Hi, I am in my early 30s and have just gotten out of a straight marriage. I was openly bi, but we were monogamous and it was a very long relationship, so I have never been with anyone else. I am working on my own life right now, but want to get out into the LGBTQ scene, and eventually date women - although I am bi in a biological sense, and can find both men and women attractive, I am really only emotionally compatible in a romantic sense with women, and plan to live an exclusively lesbian lifestyle hereafter.

Since I am well aware of my orientation (from an early age) I have been pretty much out to people I have met as an adult, but a few of the closest people that I have known since childhood I have not told yet, and am working on it. There is a chance they will not be ok with it, and I have already lost a lot in my life lately to deal with that too. So I'm taking my time for these last few. But my experience is way behind my comfort level since I have had far more time to know this about myself than to act on it, so I am kind of scared getting out there and being a part of the community; not really in the mood to go through a lot of rejection and judgment, you know? I am my own person, and don't want to be cast aside due to stereotypes of bisexuals, ideas about married people, or divorced people, or whatever - we are all going through our own stuff. Right now, I think I just need to work on making friends and I'll deal with whether or not I am attractive to people a little later, when I'm ready. I have been through a lot of major life changes lately, and I just need to start with meeting people and getting comfortable with who I am as an individual again (it has been a really long time!).

I'm not really sure how to make the most of this site. Is there a place to post that is only for women, only for lesbians, or focused on people of my age group? Or does everyone post to general topics, all in one location? Thanks for any guidance, this is all a little daunting right now. :help:frowning2:&&&)

2. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: a great place for you to start. There aren't really specific places to post based on sexuality so usually if people have something specific they mention it in the title of their thread and that seems to be pretty effective. Good luck and welcome again!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

4. RainbowBright

Thanks to both of you! I will try to post through the general discussion areas - I just didn't want to post to the wrong area, like post a message about lesbian women with kids to a forum that is supposed to be for gay teenage boys or something, lol. :icon_redf I will just adjust the subject title accordingly. :slight_smile:

5. PinkTractor

Hello and welcome!! Glad you found this site as you start your journey. :slight_smile:

6. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the Amazingly Outstanding and always Friendly, the EC :smilewave

I am sure you'll find great advice, some wonderful people to talk to and help as well.(*hug*)

7. RainbowBright

Thank you! There are so many people to write to, it's great!