1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errr.... Drum Roll?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BlueStarN7, Nov 14, 2012.

1. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey everyone.

Ok, so I am not very good with introductions. Being in the spot light freaks me out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But here it goes. My name is Angie and this is the first time I have ever joined a LGBT website or actually embraced being a lesbian (and I have been this way for a very long time)

I am 27 years old (it's shocking to me that in 3 years I'll be 30!!?). I love animals and am passionate about their health and well being. I want to be a veterinary technician someday. I currently own a dog named Blue ( who is my baby!!), two ferrets named Petey and Kiki, a cat named Baby and a Betta Fish named Mr. Bubbles.

I have only confessed to three people that I am a lesbian and the first person I told was my cousin. And I told her on my 22nd birthday. Fortunately, she was very accepting about it and even said she always suspected it (that last part terrifies me but I won't go too much into detail).

The next person I told was my best friend, Jacqueline, who then became my first girlfriend who is now unfortunately my ex girlfriend after four beautiful years of being a couple. That's still a long and painful story.

The two people I refuse to tell and the reason I rarely tell anyone are my loving parents. I know the results of what would happen if they knew I was gay. Nothing can convince me that they would be warm and accepting about it. Because I am very close to my parents, I want to keep this secret for as long as I can. Hopefully, someday when I am strong enough and my other half is supportive enough, I will have the guts to tell them. But I am not ready.

Wow. Did I mention I am not good with introductions? Lol... I guess I have been needing to join a LGBT page for a while considering just how much info I gave in my first post.

Um, I love art, reading and playing video games. I am obsessed with the Japanese culture. I am teaching myself the basics of Japanese language, I love anime/mangas and I want to visit Japan someday.

I love video games. I have been playing them since I was two. First game ever was Duck Hunt and I say that with pride!

That's pretty much the basics. Thank you for taking your time to read this. :slight_smile: I would love to meet people and hopefully that will help me realize I am not alone in this and that being this way is normal... And I am not doing anything wrong.

~Angie

2. FunnyMonkey

Hello Angie, welcome to EC.

Coming out is never easy and you'll fined the supportive for you. You are not alone before I joined I didn't know how many people are/were in the same place I am in.
    You love it here. What kind of a dog is Blue?

3. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    God bless your soul because you have asked the question you will probably regret asking. I LOVE talking about my dog. XD *deep breath* My dog is a Labrador/husky mix. She is chocolate brown with golden eyes. This dog has been my best friend. She is such a sweetie and loves to make people laugh. She is the reason I want to become a vet. Tech. I will have to post pictures of her sometime.

By the way, your "labels are for soup cans" message thing is epic.

4. FunnyMonkey

OMG My first dog was a husky. I didn't have many friends when I was a kid so all I really had has dogs 5 at one time who need friends when you have 5 dogs. lol
    I love dogs so much. lol they have always been there for me and they don't care about the little stuff.

5. Onyxknight

Hey welcome! :smilewave Fellow animal lover and aspiring veterinarian here! This is my first LGBT site, also. You'll find plenty of support and advice here, and the people are very helpful, open, and supportive. We're all dealing with similar issues, so we know how difficult it can be. Hope you love it here! :eusa_danc

6. Ticklish Fish

7. julia

Hello, welcome! I hope while you're here you get the courage to come out to even more people :slight_smile:

8. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the always friendly and down right amazing EC (*hug*)

You'll find a whole heap of help for whatever questions you may have :thumbsup:

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

10. AlexisAnne

Nice to meet you. Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

11. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you everyone for the awesome welcomes!