1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and Old

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sexagenarian, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Sexagenarian

Sexagenarian isn't just a cute double entendre, with a flashy first 3 letters, for me. I am 61 and still closeted for the most part. 2008 was a big year for me. I came out to my wife and got diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome both in the same year. Many years ago, I tried coming out to a childhood friend who I fell totally in love with at age 19, but he didn't believe me. I also came out to the first girl who I asked to marry me; that ended that relationship. Besides tha, I uncloseted to one other lady-friend, from whom I sought solace at a difficult time in my life. And then there was a stranger on a plane, who was traveling to visit her gay son and I came out to her on the spur of the moment.

One reason that I am here is because opening up to my wife about my sexuality has been super for me. It's like I have let someone into my life and she loves me for every bit of what I am. I have felt better about myself these last 4 years than I ever have before. I want to bear witness to the fact that mixed orientation marriages can not only survive, but thrive in an atmosphere of total honesty. I believe that sometimes two people can be intimate across their normal sexual preferences. It depends on the couple. I e-know several guys who remain happily married to their wives, despite their principal attraction being to their own sex. I know of others who have modified their personal commitment agreements to allow sex with a preferred sex partner, while remaining together (polyamory).

I am still no less attracted to guys. I enjoy a good looking young guy as much as a het married guy enjoys looking at pretty girls. But I do not consider it a chore for me to be married against sexual preferences. From the vantage point of my years, I have come to believe that initial sexual orientation is but one important part of committing to build a life with someone.

Another reason that I am here is because I would like to replicate what has happened in my conjugal life. My post-closet relationship with my wife has been so much better than before. I feel that I would like to replicate that honest/real type of relationship with other people who are close to me; principally my brother and my son. Hopefully I'll get some ideas on how to go about that here.

2. Exceeder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello and welcome! Sounds like you've had a lot of self discovery these past few years (like many of us here)! I wish you good luck on your quest to reach a more honest relationship with the people in your life :slight_smile:

3. Isabelle

Hi welcome to empty closets

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations on a great coming out to your wife, :eusa_clap and welcome to the EC.:icon_bigg

This is a great place to meet and talk and learn about yourself and the LGBTTTQQIAAP community.:smilewave

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

6. FunnyMonkey

Hello Welcome to EC

7. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: