1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Klutz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Klutz

Hi everyone. I just found this site today. I usually lurk a lot more than I did before jumping into an online community. I hope that I don't mess up my manners.

So my life story so far:

I'm 25 and living at home until I finish my college degree. I was really sick in high school and early college and never really did the dating thing. So, I'm coming into the sexual identity stage of my life late. I grew up in a very, very, very conservative household. I grew up being told not to be vain or to care about makeup and beauty and "only sluts to this" and "oh my gosh, look at that girl. What a tramp (insert derogatory assumption)". It has only been in the past year that I've come to think of myself as pretty or beautiful. I don't mean to sound vain, it is a self acceptance that I never had. I'm mostly healthy now, so I don't look at my body as something that keeps me from doing what I want and is sub par and malfunctioning.

I'd gotten so tired of people assuming that I was gay because I didn't date that I never entertained the idea that they may be right. I dated a couple guys and kissed a few. The ones I felt the most for didn't work out because of personal things. I didn't beat myself up over it though. I always figured that when the time was right, I would meet someone and fall head over heels in love. And this summer, I did. With a woman. This took me very much by surprise. I finally came to the conclusion that I'm bi. I might be completely gay, but, I'm not ready for that commitment. I haven't had enough experience to write half the world's population off. So, I'm going to say that I find people to be sexually beautiful and be fine with that.

So why am I here?

I wanted to find a place where I could learn more. I want to hear other people's stories. I want to find other people that accept me. My family won't unless I completely deny part of myself.

So, here I am. It is nice to be here. Sorry I took so long to post my story.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

3. Ticklish Fish

Hello hi!
    Have fun exploring forum for similar stories as you!

4. Klutz

5. AlexisAnne

I've seen much longer intro posts then yours :slight_smile: Besides, it's your space to say whatever you want, no need to apologize. We all enjoy getting to know each other here, so the more we find out the better. I think you're absolutely on the right track as far as figuring things out for yourself as well. I tend to tell people who are trying to figure themselves out to not even worry about labels for the time being and just feel what they feel for who they feel it. You fall for a guy, great. You fall for a girl, great. Lesbian, Bi, as long as you open yourself up to those possibilities and let your heart (and body :slight_smile: ) guide you, you'll figure it out soon enough.

Good luck to you here. I look forward to running into you on the forums :slight_smile:

6. Hexagon

Welcome :slight_smile: I hope you find what you're looking for here.