1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, I'm new!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Badger, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Badger

Badger Guest

Hey everyone,

I posted on the 'support and advice' section and completely neglected to introduce myself!

I'm a 20 year old student from the UK and have decided to join the community because (as my status says) I'm questioning my sexuality and starting to open up to what I really am. If I do come out I'm pretty sure most of my family and friends will be supportive (aside from a few bigots that I hang around with sometimes but I honestly couldn't care less what they think) but I'm just too scared to actually do it.

I'm glad I've found somewhere to just let it all out and be myself while I work out what I truly am. Thank you!

#1 Badger, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. rday13

rday13 Guest

Welcome to EC!
    You certainly have been most descriptive in your post.
    On the subject of tea and novel reading, I just read a really amazing novel called 'Darjeeling' by Bharti Kirchener. Perhaps you might enjoy it.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

4. Badger

Badger Guest

Thanks for the welcome!

I've just read the description on Amazon, sounds interesting although I'm more of a crime/thriller and fantasy fan myself.

Some books I've read recently are A Time to Kill by John Grisham and Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy by John Le Care. Although I want to read The Pursuit of Victory: The Life and Achievement of Horatio Nelson by Roger Knight and actually start reading the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin.

University commitments are making this quite difficult though :rolle:

#4 Badger, Nov 25, 2012
  5. rday13

rday13 Guest

I'm definitely more of a fantasy fan myself, although I pick up a novel on a whim occasionally...this turned out to be one of those.
    I love G.R.R.M. A Song of Ice and Fire! I'm stoked for the next installment of Game of Thrones, which I think will help sate my hunger for The Winds of Winter.

I understand what you mean though. University never afforded me much time to pleasure read, but I was sneaky about that and took a few elective courses in creative writing which 'enabled' my hobby so to speak :thumbsup:

6. SparkDT

Hey, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. Badger

Badger Guest

I really can't wait for the next season of Game of Thrones, I've been addicted since I started watching it! March seems so far away :icon_sad:

At least I've got The Hobbit to fill my fantasy needs until then :icon_wink

It's funny you say that because I did exactly the same thing last year by taking a module that was largely literature based :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome CitySlk057!

#7 Badger, Nov 25, 2012
  8. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the EC :slight_smile:

Love the G.R.R.M. Been reading him since the wildcards series

9. Ticklish Fish

10. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

11. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus