1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, Hi there.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Jackler, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jackler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey y'all. Well obviously I'm new here so, Hello people! My Name is Jack and I recently came out, this summer and so far...it's been difficult to say the least. Let's explore the divine comedy of this situation:
    I realized I was gay this summer after a brief stint with my bi friend Laurence and I realized that I was simply denying it for a long time, atleast 2 years.
    I come home and after my friend Sarah came out of the closet this year and talked myself up to doing it starting with my friends.
    My Mom discovered I was gay about two months later during an argument we were having over my grades me having mostly A's and B's; but, a single D in religion. Her first reaction was to take my phone, and my friend, who I was texting about my story of coming out of the closet texts me and my mom opens the message and she sees my full story and it led to a full confrontation between me and her. It's been about 4 weeks since then and now I believe she's told my dad. It's been a rough month since then constantly getting in arguments with her. Oddly enough it feels good to put this all down because it feels like ve been having to hold the situation in. So that's my spiel. Welp, that's all folks. Sorry for the long post.

2. Ticklish Fish

3. Peanuts

Hey Jack, welcome to EC!
    I'm sorry about your situation with your mother. Often, parents will react like that because they don't know what to do. This is something she hasn't dealt with before. It will take lots of time before she comes around since right now, she's acting out of pure emotion. You might have to suffer a lot, and that's unfortunate, but it seems like you've got a LGBT friend so you're not alone. I'm sure your mother loves you, but she is just so confused she does not know how to react. Keep your chin up and remember that nothing is wrong with you. There are always people out there that care for you.

We're always here to lend a helping hand so feel free to ask questions or advice if you need it!

4. Jackler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Peanuts its good to hear some support!

5. MC Nickayyy xD

That one place, you know, by that one thing.
    Welcome to EC! ^_^ I hope you and your mom work it out. Parents can be tough at times. But, as said before, they've never dealt with this before so they don't know what to do so ya can't really blame them.

6. AlexisAnne

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

8. welcome to ec jack (*hug*)

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC!

As horrible at the whole situation is, it can only get better from here on. I came out in a similar matter and I know the first months can be hell on earth, but your parents will get there (*hug*)

10. FunnyMonkey

Hey Jack, welcome to EC!
    We/I'm always here if you need to talk/vent.

11. SparkDT

Hey, welcome to EC :slight_smile: