1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Got A Job!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ilayis, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Congrats to myself for saying screw it,I'm not going to be picky on the job i want.

All I did was walk in,ask for an application and 4 days later I'm working there.
    Had an interview and she didnt even ask any questions.All she did was tell me how much I'm going to make,what shift and days I'll be working.She gave my application to the boss and he said hire me!
    I'm working at Shell gas station for $7.25 per hour for 40 hours a week.
    I'm sooooooo happy that I'm working again and with cool people around my age.

Last night was my first night and I picked up a lot of the work I have to do kinda quick.
    The two people I was working with last night said I had a really good first day and that I did very well.Woooooooooooooooooo Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I feel very good now.I know I can do this job well and I will not for any circumstance allow myself to lose this job.
    I feel very determined in doing my best.I keep telling myself to always be there on time,work as hard as I can,remember that I cannot remember everything in the first few days, to not get upset if I don't and that it is always best to ask for help when needed.

Thank you to those here who have helped me the best that they could to try and keep me out of the negative and into the positive.
    I know it was me that got the job,but without you all and my family supporting and helping me through my hard times I probably wouldn't be where I am.
    Thank You(*hug*)
    Ryan

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Great job, Ryan! I'm happy for you!

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Thanks Becky
    BTW I'll have my pics up within a month too yay

4. panda

Fabtastic! Way to go!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

5. Grof142007

congrats

your working 2more hrs than me and make almost a 1$ more hmp 6.35 isnt that an outrage

6. Louise

Good for you Ryan, not only have you got yourself a job you have the right attitude towards it, double good for you. One of the hardest things but which is much appreciated by employers is that if you make a mistake it is better to go an tell them than to let them find out. They might not be very happy at first when you tell them but they will take this into consideration.

Here's crossing my fingers for you. :thumbsup:

7. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Thats great news =]. Congratz I told ya you could do it.

8. Urman

Urman Guest

congrats on the job

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I love that attitude! With that sort of determination I'm sure you'll do well.

Congratulations! (!)

10. Jeimuzu

Way to go! I'm so glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

I'm gonna start jobhunting again soon, should be easier now; I've got something to put on my CV (Résumé) that adds a bit of glitter to it, haha!

#10 Jeimuzu, Feb 20, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  11. Kimi

Congratulations!!!!

Hmm...everyone is getting a job...except for me:icon_sad: (not that I'm seeking that much)

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're really going to enjoy your new job. Good luck with that!

13. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats....sounds like you'll enjoy it...

14. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Thanks everyone
    They say I'm a keeper cause I've caught on to everything pretty well and I do what I'm told to do right then and there.
    I feel great now,better than ever!!!
    Thanks again

Well it all depends on if your still in school,if you are they can only give you so many hours of work,if your part time or full,how much money the place makes and how many employees they have to determine how many hours you can work and how much they can give you.