1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Husky, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Husky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A big hello to anyone reading this, I really appreciate it! (*hug*)

I stumbled across this site a few months ago and have been lurking around for a while, but I figured it was about time I introduce myself and start getting involved around here.

Anyway, introductions are hardly my strong point and I hate talking about myself as I never know where to start, my grammar could also do with some work so please point out any mistakes:

So for as long as I can remember I have always been slightly odd, I loved playing with Barbie dolls and would often cry about wanting to be a girl. Unfortunately as the years passed at school I became a bit of an outcast, and I tried desperately to fit in with the boys more, it never worked, but it has had a long-term affect on my personality which I am still trying to fix.

I had suspicion that I was gay at a young age, but I never really thought much of it, at least until I started doing the dirty deed at the age of 13. At this point, I thought it was a phase. I had read that most men at one point in their lives go through a gay period, so I just assumed I was going through mine and never gave it any second thought.

After around 3 years of denial and confusion I finally confronted myself about it earlier this year, and concluded that I was in fact, gay. It felt liberating at the time, but has caused a lot of other problems in my life. I have completely distanced myself from other people in fear that they may find out my secret, I have cut off most of my ties with my old friends and am now suffering from social anxiety, which as you can expect is not a fantastic amount of fun!

Hopefully joining this forum will help sort myself out and introduce me to some new people. :thumbsup:

2. Lad123

Hi Husky, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I can totally relate to distancing yourself from everyone and not letting people come too close from fear of being found out. So now that you have confronted your sexuality are you comfortable being gay?

3. Given To Fly

Hi Husky, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

I went through something similar to what you describe - unfortunately it took me a lot longer to come to terms with my being gay. But there is an amazing amount of support on these forums - good luck on your journey (*hug*)

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

5. Ticklish Fish

6. 341

341 Guest

Hi Husky! I love Husky dogs! :3

7. AaronMed

Hey Husky, welcome to EC!

8. AlexisAnne

Welcome. I went through a similar struggle with my gender and distanced myself from others as well. I know how liberating it feels to finally accept yourself, and what a struggle it can be to fit back into your life. I wish you the best and offer any help I can give :slight_smile: