1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AaronMed, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AaronMed

So it's officially occurred to me that I haven't posted an intro about myself yet... I figured I better get that done :slight_smile:

Alrighty, so I'm male and 19, and for the past five years I've known that I was gay. However, I denied that fact about myself for a long, long time, and hoped that if I suppressed it, it would go away and I'd be 'normal' (I put that in quotes because I no longer believe 'normal' really exists - everyone's different). Apparently not - I'm gay and over the past year I've started to come to accept that. And think of the plus side, I now have an excellent excuse to never have children (because I don't do well with kids :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) :icon_bigg

I'm a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) student at McMaster University right now, and in a couple years I'll be applying to medical school to become a doctor - something I'm super excited about! I'm thinking I might do the MD/PhD program and become a clinician-scientist in the field of virology - I'd love to work with other leading researchers to come up with novel cures and treatments for HIV/AIDS. I also have a lot of interest in neuroscience, so I'm kinda torn there... I guess I'll see what I feel like doing when the time comes to decide on a topic for my doctoral thesis :slight_smile:

I'm not truly out in the classical sense - but if anyone were to directly ask me, "Hey Aaron, you've eyed that guy over there about a dozen times in the last ten minutes... are you gay?", I'd respond with, "Yeah, why?" So I guess I'm kinda out and kinda not. I'm certainly not out to my parents - I'm not sure when I'll be able to muster up the courage to break it to them, but that's for another post.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

2. SparkDT

Hey, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Lad123

Hi Aaron, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Given To Fly

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

5. spiderweb

spiderweb Guest

Welcome, Aaron! :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

7. Ticklish Fish

hi future doctor?! XD

8. AaronMed

Thanks guys ^.^ Maybe being on here will inspire me to suck up my fear and come out completely... unlikely that it'll be that easy, but one can hope :slight_smile:

9. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Hey my name is Aaron too lol.
    Welcome follow Aaron!

10. AlexisAnne

Hi Aaron. Hope you enjoy your time here. A few months ago when I started here I was almost completely in the closet with my gender, and now I'm just about completely out and I definitely attribute some of the courage I found to this site and the wonderful people here. I hope you have that same positive experience here :slight_smile:

11. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

Welcome to EC man! Glad you posted that.