1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello peeps! What was your realization?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kagulow, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Kagulow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So hi everyone! I have been lurking and posting a few things here and there but I thought I would formally introduce myself. I am a sociology major with an environmental studies minor. Hippie here lol. Straight up lesbian. Although I have seen the word "Camp" on here and I think it's perfect lol.
    I didn't figure out who I was until this year but I actually just remembered the other day what my first notion that I was gay was. I remember seeing Titanic (when I was like 7 lol) and I started drawing naked pictures of women too! lmao!

So I thought to get to know some people maybe we could say what our first memory was of being "different" .

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!

My first memory of being different is that I always played with the boys instead of the girls. I was always yelled at by teachers because of that.

3. curlycats

hello and welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

my memory is very poor, but i do remember a lot of the girls at my school desperately trying to get guys' attention and just really wanting a boyfriend. i completely couldn't identify with them and in fact was oblivious as to why they acted the way they did....

4. AlexisAnne

Hi and welcome. :slight_smile:

I remember as a child that my friends were primarily girls and I was much more interested in what they were doing than what the boys were doing. The fact that I was trying in girl clothes before I hit puberty and feeling "right" in them was another one of the subtle clues :slight_smile:

5. bigvern

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to crossdress as a teenager & got caught a couple time,and because of the narrow mindedness where I live & the times,it was assumed I was gay.
    Over the years I've had attractions to females & some good relationships but over recent years,I've also found my attraction to men growing...So for me it's been a gradual progression.

6. leer

hello welcome.:slight_smile:
    well when i realized i was deferentially gay i thought am never telling anyone this .

7. Kagulow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol thanks for the responses guys. I was going to say that I was always very tomboyish too. My mother had to basically force me to start wearing makeup and doing my hair (Which I love now lol) BUt before then I was so ANTI girl stereotypes. I just wanted to aviod that so I wouldn't wear dresses or heels or anything.

8. Ticklish Fish