1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all (this might get a little meandering and long)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Vicki88, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Vicki88

Well, I would usually preface this sort of talk with 'I bet you money you have never met anyone like me before' but then, I think here, I'd lose it. And I don't have enough to pay all of you 1 p.

Anyway, I am an asexual MtF transgender (and I really am hoping I am getting my terminology right). I have not yet seen a counselor or anything about it, just to give you an idea where I am. I'd like to get to college first. I have a loving and supporting family, but let us just say that others are less accepting in my area. I'm mainly telling you this so someone can correct my terminology if I am using it wrong. And yes, for the curious Vicki isn't my given name, nor a derivative of it, but my chosen name, so it's the name I'm giving for people to use. 88 just happens to be my favourite number.

I've been out as an asexual for what is probably a year now, or close enough that it doesn't matter. Everyone is cool with it, and no one gives me a hard time about it.

One the other hand, the MtF transgender is tightly under wraps. I only decided today, really, that yes I am a woman on the inside, even if I am a man on the outside. The only person I told is my wonderful girlfriend, who referenced me this site. I should probably say a little about her. We've been dating for six months, and she really helped me draw out these feelings. I wouldn't be at this point today without her. She's been really wonderful about the whole thing. Only, she can no longer call me her 'gentleman' friend.

Anyway, though in five minutes I'll think of something that I should have mentioned here, that's all about my gender and sexuality. The boring details are that I love to write, philosophize, eat, sleep, and read. If you don't count interneting and schooling, that covers about 92% of my time spent. The rest if just those blank times in the day where you aren't quite doing anything. Or stuff that I'm too tired to remember I do. On a personality front, I've been told with alarming frequency that I'm funny, but then again all my friends are pathological liars. Also, I love the colour green, which is why I'm sticking this guy here. :smilewave Now, a soft and warm bed beckons to me in the corner. I shall join it presently, and I shall sleep like a sweet prince/and flocks of angels will sing me to my rest.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!! I can understand the confusion with terminology. It's confusing and takes some time to learn. It looks to me that you have used everything correctly in your post. So, your doing pretty well with it.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. I think your terminology is great although im sure someone will here will help you if you get stuck.

4. Peace

Until you tell me what to call you, I'll revert to calling you "sweetheart."

Welcome to EC, sweetheart! (*hug*)

5. curlycats

hello and welcome to the forum. :slight_smile: there don't seem to be many Aces (Asexuals) or Gray-As (Gray-Asexuals) around here, sadly, so i'm really glad you've joined and can add to the conversations. :slight_smile:

sorry if i'm throwing terms at you that are unfamiliar!

6. Welcome to EC!! And don't worry too much about rambling, everyone does it. :grin:

7. Vicki88

Thank you all so much for welcoming me here. And I'm glad I didn't mess up the terminology. It means I finally got something on right in there.