1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ProfessorPunk, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ProfessorPunk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just joined yesterday so thought I'd introduce myself. Ive never used a forum before but here goes

First off I'd like to share my story, as I have a lot of issues that i'm struggling with atm. My (prefered) name is Jack. I came out to my parents as transgender early this year. At first they accepted it, but then they changed their mind. I asked my mum how she'd feel if I went for the full change, she said she'd treat it as if I died. Obviously that hurt. A lot. I've been having a rough time for quite a while with various other problems (including emotional abuse off my folks). As a result I see a lot of mental health professionals. My parents forced me to keep the transgender issue to myself, as telling the professionals 'would make me look bad.' The only reason I did what they said was incase I got refered to someone else or started to make some kind of progress- I knew they wouldn't react well if I did and it would make home life even more difficult. I've attempted to take my life quite a few times, and one time when I ended up in hospital I had a heart to heart with my mum. She said I could talk openly to the mh workers about it, dress how I wanted and change my hair, and basically make a start on transitioning. When I recovered physically I did start to talk to the people I see about it. I was finally starting to feel relieved, like a great weight had been lifted off me. But then my parents changed their minds again. They started saying some very insulting, stigmatizing things about it. I knew then that I wouldn't be able to dress however I wanted, as I felt like they'd just take the wet. The only times I can dress how I want is when they both are out of the house, which isnt very often. I feel completley trapped by them. Since I finished school this year and got treated in a psych hospital for 3 months with my other problems (psychosis, self harm, suicidal behaviour) I thought I'd make the new year my own and finally work towards the life I wanted. But of course, I don't feel like I can do that anymore because of my parents. Im really hoping that on here I can get some advice on this whole issue because its really emotionally crippling me. I don't know what to do about it.

Anyway, thats that. This feels like quite a safe place on here and I hope to meet lots of nice people. I like to help people when I can, and am generally an easy going guy, though I still have my bad days mental health-wise. Thank you if you read all of my drivel

-Jack :slight_smile:

2. I'm sorry that your parents are putting through that. (*hug*)

And welcome to EC!

3. unsuspecting

oh my! I wish I could just give you a hug! You came to the right place for support :slight_smile: we all stick together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: glad to see you join ^.^!

4. Given To Fly

Hey Jack :slight_smile:

:welcome: to EC!

I'm sorry your parents are doing that to you. I hope you are able to find the support you need here. (*hug*)

5. Ditz

Hi Jack

Welcome to the forum, I'm also a new member and have found a ton of useful discussions on here.

Having read trough your post I can just imagine what a tough time you are going trough right now... The good news is that very soon you will be an adult and as an adult you will be able to make your own decisions, so hang in there, time flies much faster than you realise.

One word of advice, when you do get to see a mental Heath professional again, tell them everything that's on your heart, there's no point in hiding such an integral part of yourself no matter what your parents say... Besides, they are there to help you and they can't do that if you don't tell them everything.

6. ProfessorPunk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your replies, nice to meet you all :slight_smile:

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

8. Kay

Kay Guest

Nice meeting you Jack. It is sad about your parents. I feel for you. hugs :kiss:

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!! I'm sorry to hear that your parents do not accept you.

10. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Jack. Hello from NY - sending you virtual hugs.

I have a shitty past as well. And have had a lot of physical and emotional damaged that I am still dealing with today, so I feel for you. I am here if you want to talk.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

11. Capichino

Hello from north docota and just to say wow congrats u just joins yester day and u allready have a advatar up and u know how to make a thread it took me 4eva to figure that out I had to ask a mod. To help me