1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh, Hello Forum!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FruitFly, Jan 1, 2013.

1. FruitFly

I've never really placed much importance on labels for sexuality, just accepted that you're attracted to who you're attracted to and that's that. As such I never really understood the importance of coming out or letting the world know about the fact my partner happened to be a woman. In fact I'll be completely honest, I always believed the only way to normalise any sexual preference was to simply live without a label.

That view has changed recently after a series of unfortunate events where an introduction getting all of the "yes I'm attracted to men and woman, yes I've dated women and men, no I'm not polygamous, and no I'm not going through a phase, no I do not need a real man/woman to turn me" bits out of the way would allow me to sort those who make an issue out of it from those who don't. So I started to feel pretty sick that something I view as completely normal is still treated as if I have just sprouted an alien from my abdomen and it's desperately trying to eat everyone who comes within chomping distance. Maybe not quite that bad, but the recent negative reactions have still shocked me a little.

A quick search for a string of words during a particularly low moment and boom, this forum popped up. The community seems rather lovely, and I hope to lurk whenever time allows/procrastination hits :slight_smile:.

2. Juggalo

Welcome to EC!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!

4. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC and sorry about all the recent negative reactions. It works that way sometimes but certainly should not. You certainly are not alien around here dear. Hugs

5. FunnyMonkey

Welcome to EC !!!

6. starmarie

starmarie Guest

Hi and welcome to EC! Here you will get nothing but positive reactions to who you are. :slight_smile:

7. That1gurl222

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: