1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi im new to the site nd i would love to meet new people that are friendly?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BillCozby, Jan 2, 2013.

1. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi im 18 years old (about to turn 19) and i graduated high school in July and I have not been doing a damn thing regarding what i want to potentially do for the rest of my life.My mother is leaning me towards the air force but im on the fence about it.(I failed the practice test in July) and the military does nit seem like a good fit for me.Community College would also be a good choice but the only college near my location is very (in the hood persay) and i heard from my counselor at my old high school that the school was just horrible.(The service the teachers and the students) (She also used to teach at the college so this is why she knows about it so much) Anyway what i am trying to explain is I cannot wait around for something to happen or something to just be thrown into my lap.I want to grow up but i dont know how..can anyone help me with this situation?:eusa_doh:

2. MixedNutz

Welcome. Figure out what you like to do, learn about it, work at it, become the best you can be at it. A lot of times on that journey you will figure things out.

3. toaster

If you have the money, go backpacking. Sometimes, you discover something about yourself when you're out there in the new environment.

4. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Im sure you can figure out something to do just keep your hopes up

5. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You might try volunteering at some places. Like a local animal shelter, food band, or some other organization. You will meet some new people and be exposed to new possibilities. It could open doors you never knew existed.

Everyone here is amazingly friendly and supportive. Keep us posted on your progress.

6. Pablo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YOu are in one of the most complex times of your life, looking to find what you want to do/be.

If you have not clue take some time. Don't rush things, try to find counseling, may be go to some psychotherapy.

There are also some tools you can use from the internet to look for vocational guidance.

7. pyroboy74

I'll be honest, I was almost in the same position. Except I was going to be in debt from student loans from trying to pay my own way through school. A recruiter showed up at the high school, and I practically fell into the Navy's lap. I have turned that around and am using it to my advantage.

What I'm trying to say, is often times your offers will show up unexpectedly. I had an army recruiter show, and joined the navy. I had been adamant about not joining up until that day, and here I am (almost) 7 months later. Just keep eyes and ears open for all possibilities in all shapes and sizes, especially when least expected :wink: