1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out later in life

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by quinos, Jan 2, 2013.

1. quinos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    Im one of those people who "discovered" they were gay later in life. I'm divorced but on good terms with my ex.

Any others out there like me?

2. redstormrising

I was never married, but I did have heterosexual relationships before I realized at 30 that I was gay. Not surprisingly, those relationships never really worked out, though I am still friends with a few of my exes.

3. Given To Fly

Hi :slight_smile:

I never married (came damn close though), and recently accepted that I'm gay. I'm out to everyone except my ex and her family, who I still live with. I love having a complicated life :grin:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!! I know that there are others here that discovered themselves later in life.

5. Naomilly92

Not really the same situation as you, but I realised I was gay when I was 17, I used to be a stereotypical straight person, so you could imagine how upset I was at the time, but I wasn't in a relationship at the time, but I had a massive crush on this girl, which just complicated things further, I think this made it harder for me to accept myself, so yeah, you're not alone, it feels like your world has been turned upside down, everything you once knew was a lie, took a lot of time (still is) for me

6. MixedNutz

Hey. Welcome to EC

My good friend is 42 and was married with 2 kids. He is now partnered with a guy and is in the process of coming out to everyone.

7. quinos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for all those replies folks. its nice to know that im not alone

8. Jade Ivy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was married more than once. Have two daughters. Discovering (or rediscovering) my love for women at 50+. You are not alone. My first ex, well, I don't expect to interact with him now that my child is grown. My second ex has been one of my best friends since we split up 8 years ago and probably always will be. We raise our daughter as if we are still married, but just living in different houses. It's great. His twin is gay. I told him I thought I was gay, when I realized it He approves. He said he always thought it seemed like I was missing something.

9. Pablo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there! I do understand you, this is now a big new era beginning for you but believe me you did the right thing otherwise it would have been very difficult for you to be happy!

I was sent to a boarding school, a military academy but I survived and now Im a married guy to another man being together for the last 10 years... and I started like you did! You are brave! Happy new year!

10. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've known I was gay since I was about nine years old. Couldn't really reconcile it with my family. So I ignored it and pushed it down inside me. Tried a couple of "straight" relationships which never really worked, go figure. Threw myself into work and continued to ignore it. Over the past year I have finally come to terms with my sexuality and I now accept that I am gay. I am actually embracing it. Really just beginning the coming out process. This site has been a godsend for me. Being able to openly discuss these kinds of issues has given my courage a huge boost.

So, in short, welcome to EC, and you are definitely not alone.

11. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've not been married, but I'm in my mid 30's, and I'm just dealing with this.

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

12. quinos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean. My wife agrees too, we were unhappy with the way things were going but I am happy to finally realize and accept my homosexuality

13. Strange

Howdy,

I was in a "heterosexual" (or should I say heteroplatonual) relationship until sometime last year.

Truth is I never really "discovered" - I always knew, but by and large seemed to pretend or should I say tried to convince myself that no that guy wasn't really hot - mustn't look at him too much - must look at a few women to even things out (even though I hadn't the faintest idea what I should be looking at (on a woman)).