1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand New

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by laurac31, Jan 2, 2013.

1. laurac31

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well hello. I am Laura, I'm 28 and newly gay. That's what I have deemed myself. Anyway I haven't come out yet just getting used to the idea really. I am trying to aclimate myself to a lesbian life style but my it seems impossible. I don't have any lesbian friends so how am I supposed to meet anyone? I am super frustrated. I imagine many people feel this way in the begenning. I am actually on a dating website but it hasn't really gotten me anywhere. Im a total flirt but I have never flirted with a girl....uh oh ????:confused HELP =)

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome to EC! I know what you mean about meeting people. I only have one lesbian friend and we barely hang out. It's frustrating for me especially since people are shocked when I tell them I like women, lol. So what do you mean by "newly gay"? I know you haven't come out yet, but what helped you figure out your sexuality?

3. laurac31

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's so funny, I keep using that phrase newly gay and I think it makes sense but I guess it confuses everyone. Well what I mean is I just recently accepted it. I feel as though it won't be real to me until I have an actual experience? Does that make sense? I don't mean sex, I just mean meeting a girl and being attracted and feeling comfortable enough to accept my feelings and know that they might be returned. It's like all these years I have had feelings for women but it never mattered because they were all straight. ha ha,. I feel like whats the freaking point of comming out and bieng gay if you can't form a relationship with a woman

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a great answer! Accepting your sexuality is a wonderful feeling, and finding that special someone is even better. I understand your struggle. My problem is that people are convinced I'm straight because I "seem" straight, and I'm not the type of person who just tells people, lol. So how am I supposed to meet women when they think I'm straight? Haha. Glad to have you, though. This forum has helped me understand a lot about myself within just a matter of days.

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to Empty Closets, as far as I know there is no "lifestyle", just be yourself. When I came out to myself the only thing that changed was my sense of self-confidence, being lesbian does not change who you are. Coming out to yourself as lesbian just means they you now know something about yourself that you didn't know before. :thumbsup:

(My internalized though process)
    Me: No, don't say that you jerk!
    Myself: But it's funny!
    Me: I don't care, it's offensive.
    Myself: Nobody asked you anyway. *sucker-punch*
    (End)

Ahh, still got that new gay smell.

(And again)
    Me: what was that- oh god, you said it....
    Myself: Yea, worth it though.
    (End)

6. laurac31

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome, thank you, I really like this site so far, it's a lot of fun. Yeah I think eveyrone will be pretty surprised cause I have had about a million bf.s and everyone knows that I am a total girly girl. I think they will be surprised. But I'm definitely not there yet. =)

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

Awesome, thank you EC
    I really like this site so far, it's a lot of fun. Yeah I think eveyrone will be pretty surprised cause I have had about a million bf.s and everyone knows that I am a total girly girl. I think they will be surprised. But I'm definitely not there yet. =)

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. Van

Van

I hear you, honey. :grin:

Welcome to EC! :smilewave