1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new! (and this is an extremely unoriginal title...)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by OutwardSmiles, Jan 10, 2013.

1. OutwardSmiles

I have some weird aversion to being the same as everybody else. I think it has something to do with OCD, but whatever it is, that title really bugs me. I was tempted to put "I'M A F*CKING DRAGON!" as the title just so it would be different, but I decided not to because I wasn't sure what reaction I would get. :lol:

Anyways, as the (boring) title says, I am new here. I tried to write a post earlier and everything just came out looking like a bunch of random babbling (it may be due to the fact that I'm only about 3/4 awake right now) so I just decided to do a kind of form thing. Maybe then it'll be half-coherent.

Name: OutwardSmiles. I'm not sure if giving out my real name (or at least nickname) would be counted as handing out outside information. You can call me whatever the heck you want, I don't really care.

Sexuality: Tentatively labeled "demi-pansexual." I know I normally don't feel very attracted to people, which is why for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with me. But I believe that if I got close to someone I would be attracted to them. I also like people of all genders. Demi-pansexual seemed like the best fit, but I'm still not sure. While I do like all genders and don't feel attracted to people normally, I don't share a mindset with pansexuals or bisexuals and thinking that I would feel attracted to someone if I was close to them is just theory.

Gender: Mostly female. I identify as female, but I'm starting to question if I might be bigender. I know when I'm on a few apps or websites many people think I am a male, and I don't mind. Also, if someone calls me a male pronoun I won't correct them. I kind of want to dress as a guy every once and a while just to see if I could pass. I'm making myself sound pretty bigender here, but I still identify as and consider myself to be female.

Preferred pronouns: Female pronouns. Although if there was a situation in which I was acting like a guy, or someone would be more comfortable, or the situation seemed appropriate, I wouldn't mind being adressed by male pronouns.

Additional information: I am a high schooler from a small town in Northwest Arkansas. I really love animals and reading (I'd tell you my favorite books but there are way too many.) The most animals I've had at one time is fourteen, but now we've given several away because of this phase my mom went through where she wanted to move, but then changed her mind.
    I went through (and am still going through) a lot of depression. I'm not really looking for any sympathy here, just thought it seemed relevant to my life story.
    My mom is lesbian, I have two 'adopted' lesbian great-aunts, my cousin is bi, my best friend is bi, her cousin is lesbian.... You get it. There's a lot of diversity in my life.

Well, I guess that's enough about me. Probably too much, actually. Was that readable? Sorry, I've just been so tired lately. I tend to get hyper and babble when I'm tired.

I really look forward to meeting some awesome people on this site! From what I've seen, this community is really great. Once again, I apologize for my ramblings. I promise I'm more coherent when I'm not half asleep.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!! You can share your nickname or your first name if you want to. You just can't use your full (Like first, last) name. This is just for security reasons.

It sounds like you have an awesome family!

3. Given To Fly

Hi :slight_smile:

:welcome: to EC!

4. aconite

Welcome to EC!

Woo, I 'm glad to find someone who love animals too. Glad to know you! Let's talk about them.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Finally, someone who gets my style. :thumbsup: Enjoy yourself around here~

6. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC!!! Sounds like a wonderful family life going on there dear. Lots of openness in the mix. Hugs

7. SparkDT

Hey, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. OutwardSmiles

Thank you everybody! I would have responded back sooner, but my Internet was down. You all seem awesome and I'm really glad to have found this place!

9. Rexmond

Hey OutwardSmile, welcome to EC! hope you have a good time here. :wink:

10. Mara

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome to EC!
    Don't worry, your title beats mine any day :wink:

11. Madeleine

Hi, Welcome to EC. I am glad you wrote such a thorough introduction!