1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Emberblaze, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Well, I just realized that today happens to mark exactly one year since i've been on EC. And, well, I never actually formally introduced myself in this thread, so, seems appropriate, eh?

Well, when I first signed into EC 1 year ago, I was anxious, I didn't want to be fully gay, and I was only out to one or two friends, whom I could have gotten better reactions from.

But now, I'm GLAD i'm gay. Now, I'm PROUD I'm gay. And since then, I've told a few more friends, I've told my mom, I've told my sister and one of my step brothers, and I wear a small gay pride flag in my school ID pouch. I'm no longer afraid of this.
    I've come to terms with it, and I've come to terms with the fact that God does in fact love me despite being gay, and the same goes for all of us.

EC was where I came to post my problems when there was no one else I could talk to them about. You guys, who are more than just faceless people on the other side of a computer screen miles away, YOU guys, have been the ones that helped me get here.

Thanks to all of you. Now that I can start this new chapter of my life, a chapter of embraced individuality, expressed pride, and open heartedness, I have high hopes that everyone who was once in my position can reach this cloud of happiness as well.

Just remember, none of us are alone. And if you're feeling down, give yourself a hug, because nobody can take that away from you.

I implore you all to live your lives for yourselves. Don't go the distance for others, do it JUST for you.

Thanks to all of you EC'ers and good luck to everyone in the writing of their story!

2. Dalmatian

That's beautiful :slight_smile: Congratulations on your anniversary and even more on the great year you've had. Posting something like this here is a perfect welcome to people just coming to EC. So nice and optimistic :slight_smile:

3. Emberblaze

Thank you ^^

I've just never felt so confident about life. This is ushered in a whole new paradigm of which I look upon life with