1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip toe in and hoping to stomp on out!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FML78grl, Jan 12, 2013.

1. FML78grl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not really sure about all this confusion I'm facing at this point in my life, but I might as well start somewhere and try to figure it all out. I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am currently "confused" in what is going on in my life. I have always been attracted to women and men. I have been with both. I have been married and divorced (to a man) and I am currently dating a woman. My kids are in their early teens and we are very open in our communication. I am glad I found this site and I am hoping for some insight and general thoughts? I don't know what I identify with except being a person. I have never liked labels and maybe that's because I harbor a fear of being labeled? But I know I'm confused and looking for some direction and answers. I don't have any really close family to come out to, I have told my children. I have told a few friends. I just don't know if I am finding my path? At the end of the day, I am raising kids on my own and making it work... Or am I?

2. Ticklish Fish

3. FunnyMonkey

Welcome to EC!!!

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Hello and welcome to EC!

5. FML78grl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's really more like I'm trying to figure out where I fit. Am I a lesbian? Am I a straight woman who sleeps with women? I really don't know? Maybe that's why I struggle with labels? My girlfriend thinks I've been in denial all my life and my male friends think I just enjoy sleeping with women. My female friends think i am just looking for companionship. But it's more than the physical relationships that I think identify people. I'm hoping through this experience, I can figure it out.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

Firstly I would like to say straight women dont sleep with women, not repeatedly and if they did they wouldnt enjoy it.
    Have you thought about just identifying as not straight? I dont think it matters what you label yourself, as long as you are happy in your life, if you want a label go with whatever fits best at the time. You can always revise it later.