1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TARDISDude, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm TARDISDude (I'd rather keep my name private until I'm out.) I just came across this website while looking for coming out tips and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm sixteen years old, a junior in high school, and a closeted gay.

I'm nervous about coming out but I know it's something I have to do. I'm tired of lying and monitoring my every word. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I have NOT A CLUE as to what my parents think about homosexuality. I don't know if they're for or against it, supportive or not.

Another thing is coming out to my school. I'm a rather prominent member of my class. (Student Council, charity groups, sports teams, etc.) I'm just afraid of people looking at me differently once I come out.

Ugggh ANYWAYS! I love tv (Doctor Who, obviously and American Horror Story are my faves). I also LOVE music (FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE FOR LIFE!) Just glad to have found a private community where I can be myself for the time being.

2. Jephano

Hi. Just have to say, I love your username. I would have been Chameleon Circuit, but it didn't fit. :'( Also, I'm new too.

Good luck with figuring yourself out. :slight_smile: I don't know whether you're looking for advice here, but as I read your details I couldn't help but think that you should 'test the waters' with your parents first. Determine how they feel about homosexuality in general, and then work from there. That would probably be a good first step towards coming out.

3. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

Awesome & welcome I love Doctor Who and as for coming out in my experience my mom kinda already knew and no matter how they feel about it, when it comes to your own kids its always different. I also do just about everything in school and am the go to person to get things done for events. I am one of those people who talks to everyone, flirts with anyone, and won't get mad at anyone if the shit is directed towards me, but if you mess with people I care for I have proven that no one in my school wants to be my enemy :badgrin: I haven't came out to anyone in my school but my girlfriend is bi and she has no problem showing it. :rolle: I don't think anyone really cares at my school.

4. greendaisy

Hi! I hope you like EC!

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Welcome to EC!

6. Ticklish Fish

Hello hi!
    nobody should really use their real name as any account or username anyways LOL

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

I love your username. It's awesome!!