1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by August, Jan 21, 2013.

1. August

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone. I am August and I am currently in college and stressed about coming out, whenever that actually happens. I came here for advice and counseling. I am Bi and really worried about coming out, even though I feel it is the right thing to do. I fear that I will be confronted by misunderstanding and even lose friends, or looked at differently by friends. Any advice?

2. Rivers

Hey August! Welcome to EC. This is certainly the right place for advice.

If you're worried about coming out because you don't want to lose friends, I think you should still go for it! All your true friends will stand by your side no matter what. While some people will be confused or not accepting, I'm sure a lot of them will come around.

3. starmarie

starmarie Guest

Hi August! I'm in a similar situation. I agree with Rivers; some people may be confused/take a while to fully understand/accept it, but your true friends will be there. It's scary, but you have the power. :slight_smile: I hope you find the forums here helpful.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

The only advice I can give you is to ask as much and as often as you fee like it. Start new threads about what you have worries of, what you want to know or whatever else is on your mind.

Its tough, but its oh so worth it. Hopefully we can be of help :slight_smile:

5. Ticklish Fish

Hello August!

6. Madeleine

Hi August, welcome to the EC. I know it is hard and scary. I am only out to a handful of people, and it wasn't easy to do that with them.

7. Kay

Kay Guest

Hello and a big welcome to EC! hugs
    You should not feel pressured to come out. You come out when you feel comfortable. You have to be centered and prepared for whatever the response might be. There will be those who not bat an eye and others hmmm not so much. You need to get the timing right for you hon.

8. animequeen567

Welcome! Take your time on coming out. You should come out when you feel like it. I'm in college too so I know how stressful it can be to come out. I'm only out to two people. Just find someone you can trust and eventually you will feel better about coming out. Just be sure you take your time and don't force it. :grin: