1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just had to say something

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Shorka, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Shorka

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there. For those familiar with Irish names, yes, this is actually pronounced "Sheer-ka" but I know everyone will say "Shore-ka" in their heads. I chose a name that is not at all affiliated with me personally except for the fact that I kinda like Irish names. I just realized that sounds horribly pretentious and for that I apologize.

Anyway, I believe the proper term for me is biromantic homosexual because life would be too easy if I was only sexually attracted to one sex, right? I finally came to terms with that identity after dating several men and realizing they just weren't for me. Since then, I have felt much more comfortable about longstanding and confusing feelings towards women and can pinpoint big neon signs in my past that said "this girl likes girls!"

When I was in high school, I told my mother I was questioning my sexuality. She flatly told me it was a phase and I believed her. If I ever come out to my parents it will be after I have been in a relationship for over a year so I can say for sure, "Nope, not a phase." I think my mother will be happy in the end but I really have no idea about my father. I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm here because I needed to tell someone, anyone, that I was gay and I would really like advice on how to go about things. I don't think I should date guys because I'm not interested in sex, but it's so hard not to flirt. How should I answer questions that are meant to see if I'm straight and/or have a boyfriend? Is it ok that I am out to people who barely know me as I'm away for school before I'm out to my friends back home (whom I want to tell in person)?

I think most of this is stuff I will need to figure out for myself but I'm lousy at just thinking in my head and do better if I have someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of. So that's why I'm here and I hope in five years or so when I have the hang of being myself I can turn around and be helpful to others. :icon_bigg

2. Rivers

Hi! Welcome to EC. We're glad you joined us!

3. HP7465213

Hey! Welcome! No need to be bashful here, everyone's really accepting and open to everything :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Welcome to EC!

6. Ticklish Fish