1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I guess this is hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by xashesxx, Mar 12, 2013.

1. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I've been on here for a little over a year now, but I wasn't very active. Tried seeking some help, got some feedback which has helped. Some things I'm still working on. I am however looking to talk with some new people. It'd be nice not to have to watch what I say so I don't slip up and accidentally out myself. So hello to everyone! If you're willing to chat with someone new then lets chat! I'd love to meet some new people that I can finally get a chance to be open and honest with! :smilewave

2. campervankid

Hello just wanted to say I think your avatar pic is cool! :grin:

3. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

Thank you! I love it!

4. campervankid

It made me smile so I thought I had to put something :slight_smile: Thankyou for that even though I'm sure your intention with this post wasnt to make someone smile at your avatar. :slight_smile: I'd like to meet some new people too that I can be totally honest with because I'm only out to one person at home. :slight_smile: I always feel a bit sad inside when I have to pretend to like boys and cant be myself to someone like my mum.

5. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

It may not have been my intention, but I do like hearing that I've made someone smile. I know how you feel. Around my mom and sister who drool over these guys and I just sit there like "yeah, super hot". It's not fun. But thankfully we have this wonderful site where we can be ourselves. I've even been out to my friend for a little over two years now and it's still kind of hard to talk about girls I find attractive. It just seems...odd. I feel like it should be a little easier when I'm out to everyone. If you ever need someone to talk with, just send me a message. I'll listen. Say what ever is on your mind. I won't judge! :slight_smile: Everyone needs someone to talk to! :slight_smile:

6. Minx

Welcome. :wave:

7. newgirl31

Greetings! Yeah I love this site for how honest we can be! My sister has told me since middle school(15 years ago..wow) that she was bi...but I only accepted recently that I am gay.

It is weird not "living out" yet. My sis knows and I told my mom but she thinks I am confused. I am so awkward around certain girls that are straight and I must find attractive. Because they are straight I try to not think about it but I can't make eye contact.:icon_redf..so annoying.

And with dudes I can tell are starting to get interested in me (that I would have felt flattered with before and prob try to convince myself were hot and date material before during my denial)...I want to be like hey.."no thanks I am gay.":eusa_naug But it's not like they are chasing me..I am worried way before. It's like I am uncomfortable in all these times because I am not "living out" and honest.

Sorry ...just venting :wink: so happy to have found this site and happy you guys did too! (*hug*)

8. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

No worries, it honestly makes me feel better to hear that I'm not alone in hiding who I am. I'm tired of it, I'd love to stop pretending to think a guy is hot. Yeah I notice when a guy is good looking, but I'm not attracted to him.

I've had a couple guys flirt with me and such since I came out to myself. My mom was with me at the mall a few months back when some guy was flirting with me. I just pretended not to notice. But I so badly wanted to tell my mom that I am gay. And it's hard not to just go with it, that's what I'm used to doing.

I'm glad this site is around for everyone who has found it. I hope others who need it find it too. I'm happy to have some nice people to talk to, who I can be open with. No one has to hide who they are here, and I think that's the best thing about this site.

9. Music Heals

I ha the saving to pretend to like a guy game. Yes, some guys are hot, but that really doesn't mean I want to talk about them. Only a handful of my friends know, so I alway have to do that "yeah, he's great" thing with them. And my grandma. She's very persistent that I get a boyfriend.

Glad you're figuring things out and starting to post! I hung it on the fringes of ths site a few months before I decided to start posting. Hello!

10. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I know what you mean. My grandma has been doing that too. And whats odd is even my 9 year old niece has been on me to get a boyfriend. I havent told any family so its getting kind of awkward when she says it. She usually waits til there's a lot of people around too.

I started posting on here a bit when I first joined, but I couldn't get very far in conversations. Which was why I came here, to meet some people (not in person) that are in the same boat as I am. Recently I've needed people more than ever. I'm happy to be on here. Hopefully I can meet some new people that wouldnt mind just chatting about random stuff lol.

11. Ticklish Fish

12. campervankid

Thanks I love this site. Its so reassuring to know there are people out there who understand your problems and are willing to listen :slight_smile: