1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey There, People. You Probably Don't Know Me.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by steelygreye, Mar 16, 2013.

1. steelygreye

So I was looking in google for a nice LGTB friendly forum, and, here I am. It was actually on the first page, imagine my luck. This place seems really great, and I'm looking forward to the forums and discussion. I actually used to be on another website, but I got driven off because people were insulting me for being Christian.

Yes, I'm a gay Christian, and I used to be an agnostic of sorts, but after exploring other faiths, I returned to my original one out of reasons of my own. But I feel as though exploring different faiths (and a lack of faith) has made me grow spiritually. The thing is, I believe all of the religions should be at peace with each other, because more often then not, there are some incredible similarities! Atheists have a lot of the same moral principles, and you don't need to worship a deity to be a good person.

But anyway, I'm sure you're quite tired of me going on and on about my religion, so how about we get to something actually interesting!

I'm nearly fifteen, but for now, I am fourteen. I am in highschool, and I get mediocre to outright bad grades. My main interests involve the arts, whether it be poetry, literature, music or plays. (I love Opera, specifically for the music) But don't let that scare you, I'm not a snob. I also adore pop culture, and I love to observe the passing phenomena that goes on in it.

I'll admit, I do have a bit of an interest in foreign music. Mainly because, and please don't hate me for it, but because I don't understand what they are singing about. I understand that it could have a horrible meaning, or a wonderful one, but I just seem to appreciate mostly how music sounds. Plus, it's easier to work on homework while listening to it, because I don't have to concentrate on the lyrics. (another reason I also love Opera, and foreign music and opera tend to overlap anyways)

I'm currently working on several story ideas, but it would take up too much time for me to describe them. I'm trying to get better at drawing, so one day I can make a comic. I really like animation, especially some of the animation that comes from Japan. I prefer the feminine styles, but some masculine styles (like in Hellsing) also appeal to me. Pixar/Disney is amazing, plain and simple.

Politically, I am left-leaning (of course, this is according to American standards of "left" and "right"), but I'm not sure I like the Democratic party. I'm trying to educate myself about third parties, but I'm still a beginner. My parents made it so that I grew up around books, and I love them for that. My father specifically taught me about history and politics, and my mother was the one who loves books so much (and passed on the love of books to me). I love the arts because of my older sister, and I love pop culture because of my other older sister.

And I suppose my interest in religion is something that came from myself. Actually, I know specifically what it came from, but the origin of the interest is too stupid to discuss. Just know that I was a rebellious child looking to spite my conservative parents. Recently, I've read the Koran (although I'm not sure if it was abridged or not), and it is kind of different from the Bible. And by different, I don't mean the ideals taught in it are that different, but the style in how it was written was different.

I've also read a book on Judaism, which was incredibly eye-opening. I plan on studying both Judaism and Islam more on my own time, if only I could find more books on them. Either way, I am rambling.

Oh, and I am a female and in the closet. Don't know if I mentioned that. But... that's all, I think. I'm sure you're glad I'm done with my self-absorbed ramblings. As I said, I'm excited about this online community, and I hope to find it very enriching.

2. Minx

Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

3. Welcome! We're all thrilled to have you join our league of lost souls. Enjoy!

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi steelygreye :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

6. steelygreye

I'm glad to see a community that's so nice to newcomers, it's quite refreshing in the vast, cold terrain that is the internet. :slight_smile:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. Ticklish Fish

hello hi!
    what kind of foreign music you like? lol
    i prefer korean/japanese pop or just instumental or trance

9. steelygreye

Oh. I love Bollywood music, specifically the more classic-sounding stuff. I also like Japanese, Korean and Chinese rock, but pop is pretty good too. Have you heard of Matenrou Opera? They're amazing!

10. BornInTexas

Greetings and welcome to EC! =)

You won't get driven from here! Everyone is very nice, and that's what this forum is for. Nice people. =)

11. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :smilewave Sup lil miss...

dang girl, you must be very brainy being into all those things at a young age...

when i was your age it was all about football,surfing and the girls...

you've got a good head on your shoulders..think you may need to teach us a thing or two..

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second that, very few 14 year olds (soon to be 15!) write as well as you, or think as deeply as you do. Welcome to EC!

13. Slime

Welcome to EC!